The Purchasing Manager will work with the current team of buyers and business unit commercial and technical staff to manage purchasing activities required for the operations, maintenance and construction of Iberdrola Renewables renewable and gas-fired generation facilities in the USA.
- Develop and manage purchasing plans and strategies
- Manage the Request For Proposal (RFP) and award of contracts for equipment and services valued at $50,000 and greater
- Negotiation of pricing and contract terms and conditions with suppliers
- Documentation of RFP and contract award process and presenting award recommendations to management
- Management of framework contracts with major suppliers
- Ensure all business unit purchasing activity is within compliance with company policy and adheres to internal approvals and controls processes
- Use of ‘e-bidding’ system for RFPs
- Manage relationships with suppliers and business units
- Conduct business dealings with the highest level of regard for company policies, standards and integrity
- Supervision and mentoring of Senior- and Career-level Buyers
Preference may be given to candidates with the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years experience as it relates to the job description.
- Demonstrated knowledge of “e” enabled supply chain systems (e.g. SAP)
- Knowledge of supply chain methodologies, models, and procedures.
- Proven success in negotiating high-value and complex contracts for equipment and services.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, negotiation, and influencing skills.
- Ability to communicate concepts, data and recommendations to management.
- Excellent organizational and forward-planning abilities in order to pro-actively meet tight deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in use of personal computers including word processing, spreadsheet, database and internet applications.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, references, drug screen, verification of legal right to work in the U.S., and in some cases, a credit check. A credit check will be administered when a prospective employee will be working in Finance, Accounting, Treasury or where duties may involve handling of funds, accounts or cash. Iberdrola Renewables is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Knowledge of electric power industry.
- MBA or Certified Purchasing Manager qualification
- Direct experience with SAP supply chain systems
Iberdrola Renewables - 14 months ago
IBERDROLA Renewables (formerly PPM Energy) is a real power player in the energy industry. Part of IBERDROLA's global network,...