This large oil & gas client is seeking a Materials / Purchasing Manager who is responsible for all planning and sourcing activities required to assure continuity of material supply for the entire business. Leads activities to include material planning, cost negotiations, supplier relationship management, and all other activities required to assure on-time delivery of material goods.
This position will supervise multiple direct reports and in a matrix structure support the engineering and manufacturing group in material supply and planning.
This position will purchase, plan, and manage materials in a production environment to support customer requirements. Support direct material, MRO, and tooling purchasing activities for Houston facility. Interaction with other departments as needed to perform purchasing/ planning requirements.
SAP knowledge is required
- Manage supply base for the site:
- Assess, plan and negotiate schedules for assigned parts in support of MRP requirements and without sacrifice to days of inventory metric.
- Negotiate costs, terms, and overall supply relationship with key suppliers.
- Develop suppliers’ capabilities to improve quality, delivery and cost structure.
- Work cross-functionally with all supporting departments in resolving supplier quality issues, identifying sources for new products, and improving overall supply performance.
- Implement Supplier Managed Inventory programs and other functional and company-wide process improvements.
About Kelly Services ®
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly ® offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class
staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provides employment to more than 560,000 employees annually.
Revenue in 2012 was $5.5 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and download The Talent Project , a free iPad ® app by Kelly Services.
iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Connect with us on ]]
Kelly Services, Inc. (Kelly) is a global temporary staffing provider operating in 36 countries and territories throughout the world. The...