Job Title: Purchasing Manager Organizational Unit: Purchasing
Approval Date: Last Update:
Reports To: Materials Manager
Primary Function: Oversees the activities of the Warehouse and Purchasing departments. Responsible for overseeing the purchase of all goods, services and materials. Coordinates the flow, storage and reordering of supplies and materials throughout the company.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
inventories without having excess inventory in the warehouse.
- Ensures optimum inventory levels and verifies inventories by overseeing the conduct of physical
Normal Working Conditions
- Focuses on the reduction of waste for both material and non-material.
- Reviews and monitors Cost of Materials each month for issues and to ensure accurate reporting.
- Ensures proper inventory management and control is in place for all materials.
- Works with other departments within the company to minimize material stockouts and to provide prompt and accurate delivery of materials to key internal customers.
- Managers variance exposure minimization; creates and monitors action plans to address and resolve variance issues; develops and implements business processes to address short-term or long-term issues.
- Implements and maintains physical distribution procedures, dispatching and expediting procedures.
- Manages on-time material delivery; provides guidance to direct reports on complex delivery issues.
- Communicates projected needs to suppliers; manages exceptions affecting plan.
- Establishes, maintains, publishes and utilizes effective management measurement tools for use within organization.
- Owns, generates, and verifies metrics; provides input regarding metrics under development.
- Creates and monitors action plans to address and resolve metric issues.
- Manages department budget, associates costs and resources.
- Ensures timely delivery of products at the best value possible.
- Maintains good customer service and seamless reordering systems.
- Watch market trends in regards to pricing.
- Continue to improve supply flow while reducing inventory and costs.
- Anticipates what products and materials the Plants will need.
- Maintains a good business relationship with Suppliers.
- Manages sales of all surplus equipment.
- Manages waste removal.
- Manages GSC travel, vending services, freight, grounds keeping
reaching below shoulder level, stooping or squatting, pushing or pulling, stooping or squatting, and
- Occasional standing, walking, driving, using hands to handle or feel, reaching above shoulder level,
Work checked only through consultation and agreement with others rather than by directives from
- Frequent sitting, talking and hearing required.
- Works independently on the broader administrative and policy-making activities and programs.
parts, with fumes or airborne particles, with toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor or weather
- Occasional work required in areas with wet or humid conditions-non-weather, near mechanical
conditions, extreme cold-non-weather, extreme heat-non-weather, risk of electric shock, risk
of radiation, and vibration.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills.
Minimum Job Requirements:
percentages and percentages.
- Bachelor''s Degree in Business-related area and 7 to 10 years experience.
- Able to read and comprehend English.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions,
and legal documents. Able to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers,
- Able to lift and carry up to 10lbs. occasionally.
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific; and technical journals, financial reports,
regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Able to effectively present information
to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
problems. Able to deal with non-verbal symbolism, in its most difficult forms. Able to deal with a
- Able to communicate effectively with co-workers.
- Able to use Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical
variety of concrete and abstract variables.
- 7 or more years of experience.
- OSHA forklift certification.
Precision Castparts Corp. - 17 months ago
Precision Castparts Corp. is a worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power...