Socotherm (a ShawCor company) is a leading provider of thermal insulation coatings, anti-corrosion coatings, internal coatings, and concrete weight coatings for onshore and offshore pipelines. Our coating facilities are located in key energy producing regions around the world such as the Americas, Europe and Africa. Two research and development centers, located in Italy and Argentina, support Socotherm in developing unique and innovative coating solutions for the world’s pipelines.
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for the managing of the procurement department in an international organization. Responsibilities will include implementation, coordination and execution of all procurement processes, from the sourcing, selection of suppliers, analysis of bidders, to the negotiation of conditions and development of purchase orders and key contracts. Working in a cross-functional environment, the Purchasing Manager will collaborate with internal users and production team to anticipate needs, plan and assure cost, quality and delivery targets are met
· Completion of postsecondary education in Purchasing, Business or Economics
· Minimum of 5 years working experience in a similar role
· Proven knowledge of the methodologies of strategic procurement, purchases with added value and key business processes
· Knowledge of operational procurement and supply chain practices
· Excellent negotiation skills
· Ability to work independently with limited supervision
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
We thank all applicants for their interest; however we cannot accept telephone calls regarding this position. All recruiting activities are managed via our Recruitment Management System and you must apply via the link below or the posting on our career page at www.shawcor.com/careers to be considered for this opportunity.
ShawCor Ltd. - 23 months ago