Sutro Biopharma, located in South San Francisco, is developing a new generation of antibody drug conjugate therapeutics and bifunctional antibody-based therapeutics for targeted cancer therapies. These therapeutics will significantly extend the clinical impact of current oncology therapeutic approaches and are beyond what can be envisioned with current cell-based expression technologies. Sutro's biochemical synthesis technology, which underpins these therapeutics, allows the rapid and systematic exploration of many protein drug variants to identify drug candidates. Once these product candidates are identified, production can be rapidly and predictably scaled up to commercial levels. Sutro has established a Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) facility for the production of clinical supplies of materials using its biochemical protein synthesis platform. Sutro Biopharma is collaborating with pharmaceutical and biotech companies in the discovery and development of novel protein therapeutics.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for energetic and talented individuals to join its multidisciplinary research and development team. You will be working with a group of scientists and technical professionals in a fast paced product development environment.
The Purchasing Manager will source materials for a broad group of categories with a goal of obtaining the highest quality goods and services at optimal cost. You will operate as the sole sourcing resource in the company involved in shaping budget plans and delivering cost savings. This position is responsible for long and short-term savings opportunity identification, negotiation, strategy, benchmarking, vendor identification and communication of policies and procedures. Tracks performance (financial and service related).
- Independently manage all sourcing activities, including definition of user requirements, analyze spend and vendor usage patterns, conduct supply market analyses, develop sourcing strategy, supplier evaluation, selection, and value contribution tracking.
- Develop and maintain a supply base that ensures the best value for quality, delivery, pricing, service, etc., significantly impacting the operating budget.
- Assume responsibility for devising and managing the strategic sourcing savings and value contribution for managed expense categories.
- Develop market intelligence for each managed category, such as competitive landscape, market trends, cost component tracking, technology advancement, supplier identification and research, etc.
- Actively seek out new savings and compliance opportunities within category responsibility; collaborates and presents opportunities for review with manager.
- Audit usage and performance of suppliers and internal customers to ensure compliance to company policies and guidelines.
- Collect and analyze complex data sets with the intention of identifying new sourcing opportunities or supporting a strategic sourcing decision.
- Resolve or assist in resolution of obstacles within and between projects without significant involvement from a manager.
- Review and approve all contract commitments in conjunction with manager.
- Develop and manage positive internal customer/supplier relationships and implement continuous category improvement strategies on an ongoing basis.
- Consistently plan assigned work, anticipate obstacles, and is accountable for driving timelines and projects to completion.
- Develop close, respectful relationships with key suppliers that are demanding yet fair as a customer by proactively managing supplier performance to drive continuous improvements.
- Identify opportunities that focus on cost reductions, efficiencies/quality improvements, risk mitigation, industry and supply trends and shifts in technology