Involves the planning and implementation of sourcing, procurement, and logistics activities; also includes coordination and collaboration with channel partners, which can be suppliers, intermediaries, third-party service providers, and customers.
Procurement -Involves sourcing materials, obtaining bids and making purchasing decisions. Conducts vendor and product evaluations. Discusses adjustments, agreements or contracts which may affect several phases or operations. Evaluates the pricing of materials, services and proposals.
Materials Planning, Scheduling and Control - Provides services in materials planning and/or inventory management. Focus areas include production scheduling; inventory quantity and location of inventory; analysis and integration of processes through the supply chain to share valuable information, including demand signals, forecasts, inventory, transportation, and potential collaboration, etc. Ensures all parts and materials are accurately detailed to reflect actual procurement and production needs. Monitors systems information and audits other information sources to verify proper quality and quantities of materials are scheduled for each file at the assigned manufacturing facility
Broad application of principles, theories and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields
Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Works independently; receives minimal guidance
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience;
- Experienced and fully qualified competencies with a full understanding of area of specialization and working knowledge of other functions
- Applies in-depth job knowledge to a wide range of multiple or complex tasks
- Mentor to others
- Uses independent judgment to solve routine problems and makes recommendations on complex issues
- Solves diverse range of problems of varying scope and complexity
- Project lead on small to mid size projects with moderate level complexity
Bachelors or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
Trinity Industries - 12 months ago
Trinity Industries, Inc. is a diversified industrial company that owns market-leading businesses which provide products and services to the...