The Purchasing Planner's responsibilities include calculating desired stock and safety stock levels, Vendor Order Intervals and Seasonality calculations for domestic and overseas purchases. The purchasing planner needs to communicate with overseas vendors directly and through the 1A Auto Taiwan office to work with vendor production plans to reduce costs, lead time, and stock outs. The planner will also need to perform statistical analysis of past sales as well as competition volume to target stock levels and tailor the ordering process to reduce out of stocks while maintaining a target inventory days on hand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Calculate stock levels
- Calculate safety stock for ordering specific to the item and the vendor
- Calculate seasonality factors by category for ordering
- Generate overseas orders
- Out of stock analysis to find causes and make changes to reduce future out of stocks.
- Work with vendor to reduce cost and lead time.
- Calculate and keep standard costs up to date.
- Maintain database of SKU level characteristics
Education and/or Experience
- Analyze slow moving inventory to minimize by discounting or returning to vendor.
- Forecast space needs for Distribution Centers
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs including Word, Excel and Power Point
1A Auto - 15 months ago