Requisition ID: 68109
- Organization: OG&C
- Location: Houston, TX
Performs tasks involved in the formation and administration of purchase orders. Communicates with suppliers and personnel within Bechtel to establish clear definition of requirements, and to assure performance to purchase order terms and conditions. Prepares bidder pre-qualification, bidder lists, bid solicitation, bid analysis, makes commitments and administers purchase orders.
1. Forms and issues purchase orders by performing the following:
- Prepares bidders’ lists
- Prequalifies bidders
- Forms bid packages
- Issues bid requests
- Coordinates bidders’ questions
- Receives bids
- Prepares Commercial Bid Summary and recommendation letter
- Recommends and secures approvals in accordance with established procedures
- Prepares and commits order
- Prepares and maintains control and status reporting documents
2. Administers assigned purchase orders, performing the following functions:
- Establishes files and controls for all outgoing and incoming correspondence on each assigned order.
- Monitors supplier performance for conformance to commercial terms.
- Monitors activities by Engineering and other in-house functions to ensure compliance with the order terms.
- Initiates follow-up actions with the supplier or in-house functional group to ensure performance in accordance with contract terms and conditions.
- Informs or works with other project Procurement personnel as assigned to the administration of the order.
- Analyzes and distributes those suppliers’ reports specified in the order/contract.
3. Communicates with suppliers as necessary to achieve required service and results from potential and actual suppliers to meet project needs.
4. Communicates with Engineering to assist and/or guide them in the preparation of material requisitions for the procurement of materials and equipment and to achieve the understanding needed to process these requisitions.
5. Requires light supervision during performance of purchasing activities.
6. Prepares and organizes assigned Procurement sponsored meetings, such as bid clarification and post-award meetings, for the purpose of ensuring complete understanding and agreement between Bechtel, the Client and supplier on all contractual matters. After reviewing plan and agenda with supervisor, conducts meeting and prepares and issues meeting notes delineating important statements, required actions and schedules.
7. Assists project Procurement team when instructed in solving and attending to administrative problems on commitments involving high monetary expenditure or risk, engineered technical specifications or supplementary commercial conditions.
- Knowledge of business administration procedures, techniques, and business ethics.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- When assigned to a jobsite location, actual experience in materials handling operations is desirable.
- Knowledge of Uniform Commercial Code or the host nation’s equivalent commercial legislation.
- Skilled in working with, and communicating effectively both orally and in writing with other project functional groups, primarily Engineering, Construction, Project Management and other services.
- Knowledge of the legal and commercial aspects of procurement.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).
Bechtel - 20 months ago
Bechtel (www.bechtel.com) is a global engineering, construction and project management company with more than a century of experience on...