The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm which prides itself in conducting high-impact, high-stakes projects for significant Federal, state, and private organizations. The Corporate Finance Office (CFO) is a dynamic workplace within AIR with a clear agenda to develop a service oriented organization in line with the business. It is composed of a strong team of co-workers and challenging varied roles that aim to stretch and expand the value CFO delivers within AIR. We are currently seeking a Purchasing Specialist to join our team in our Washington, D.C. (Georgetown) office.
The Purchasing Specialist is responsible for providing purchasing services support to AIR staff and support to the Purchasing Manager in the codification, implementation, and maintenance of AIR’s centralized purchasing function, including entry and maintenance of the Purchase Requisitions and Purchase Orders into the Deltek Cost Point Purchasing System. The Purchasing Specialist will “buy” goods and services in support of AIR’s direct and indirect operations.
• Responsible for conducting moderate to complex procurements for all AIR divisions and departments in accordance with prime contract, Federal Acquisition Regulations, Defense Contract Audit Agency, and company policy requirements.
• Performs work within AIR’s centralized purchasing function at AIR, including data entry and other processing functions to the purchasing system.
• Analyze certain company requirements for purchasing activities, initiate Requests for Proposal, and assist in the negotiations of purchasing arrangements with suppliers (vendors, consultants, subcontractors) that are financially and contractually favorable to AIR.
• Maintain and organize all purchasing system and provider contract documentation.
• Problem Resolution to assist Accounts Payable with the accurate payment of invoices against purchase orders.
• Interaction with Project Staff and Management for effective and compliant purchase order issuance.
• Must be able to work independently and accurately on assignments using judgment and creativity in solving problems.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, a strong work ethic, and superior ability to work in a team environment.
• Bachelor's degree in business-related field is required.
• 5-7 years experience in the purchasing function for a federal government professional services contractor is required.
• Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word is required.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
• Experience with Deltek Cost Point Materials Management System or other enterprise resource planning system is required.
• Experience with Terms and Conditions review and negotiations a plus.
American Institutes for Research - 20 months ago
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...