Coordinate and facilitate product requests with Baystate Health Warehouse Team Leaders and Inventory Control Analysts.
Identify and process STAT orders within critical time constraints. Immediately notify Purchasing Agents and Inventory Control Analysts of discrepancies, back orders, or substitutions.
Provide updated information to the Inventory Control Analysts for maintaining the integrity of the product master files within the Lawson MMIS.
Resolve problems and coordinate exchange of information using sound judgment and excellent communication/interpersonal skills.
Research and resolve invoice discrepancies with Accounts Payable and external vendors.
Collect information to create reports, charts, graphs, and spread sheets on an ad hoc basis for departmental and internal BH customers.
Participate in Accounts Payable and Purchasing process improvement meetings.
Utilize the Lawson MMIS to obtain and/or verify product information including warehouse location, manufacturer number, packaging, etc.
- High School Graduate or G.E.D. equivalent required.
- A minimum of three years experience in healthcare materials management, procurement, warehousing, or supply chain logistics required.
- Experience with Lawson Materials Management System, purchasing practices, and basic accounting practices preferred.
- Ability to work independently and/or within a group as a team member is required.
- Strong customer service and telephone skills and the ability to solve problems within scope of responsibility.
- Well developed PC skills, including knowledge of spreadsheets (Excel), word processing (MS Word).
- Experience in office procedures, equipment, and knowledge of medical supply terminology preferred.
- Requires the ability to complete special projects in a timely fashion, and demonstrate creativity in gaining efficiencies in the Supply Chain environment.
Per diem position Monday - Friday
Department/Location Purchasing Department 30 Bobala Road., Holyoke, MA
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to maintaining a nondiscriminatory environment and actively encourage persons to seek employment with us, including, but not limited to, racial and ethnic minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities.