The Purchasing Specialist initiates purchases as determined by assigned areas of responsibility. He/she will follow up with vendors and shippers on purchases made by the purchasing department pertaining to assigned specific areas of responsibility (new store orders/shipments, FF&E orders and shipments / etc.) and reconciles invoices from vendors including verification of receipt, damages, shipping charges, etc. This agent will need to work in fast paced environment with multiple projects requiring attention on a concurrent basis.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: (*Essential Functions)
- Initiates Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment (FF&E) purchase orders for new store openings, remodels, relocations, special projects and FF&E dashboard (database).
- Communicates with vendors regarding timeliness of shipments to assure on time performance and resolves any issues that arise, keeping supervisor apprised of developments.
- Bids and initiates freight services for above categories and communicates with vendors and internal business partners to keep everyone informed of delivery timeliness.
- Follow-up and resolves open issues that arise in above categories in a timely manner.
- Reconcile invoices from vendors and verify quantities, quality, pricing, and confirm delivery prior to submitting invoice for payment.
- Database administrator for FF&E request system and processes product that has been auto approved, reconciles decision making with order placement and follow-up with vendors and stores to assure timely delivery of product, prepares reports on activities
- Maintains stock inventory of specific items and reorders, bids as necessary.
- Inventory management of specific items.
- Purchasing and vendor negotiations on specific item categories.
Job Specifications: ( Knowledge, skills and abilities normally required for competent performance in the job.)
NO AGENCIES PLEASE!!
- Preferred 2 to 4 years college or 3-5 years’ work time in a purchasing department as a purchasing agent/expeditor.
- Attention to the details is a must
- Requires strong organizational, project management and communication skills.
- Required software knowledge in Excel, word, purchase order systems, inventory reports
David's Bridal - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
At David’s Bridal, we are committed to making dreams come true by offering consistently outstanding service to every...