Dressbarn , a subsidiary of Ascena Retail Group, Inc., (NASDAQ - ASNA), offers casual career and special occasion fashion apparel and accessories at value prices for women ages 35-55, operating approximately 830 stores in 48 states. Ascena Retail Group Inc. is a leading national specialty retailer of apparel for women and tween girls and boys, operating, through a family of wholly-owned subsidiaries, dressbarn , maurices, Justice, Lane Bryant, Cacique and Catherine’s! Ascena operates through its subsidiaries over 3,800 stores throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada, with revenues of over $4 billion.
At dressbarn, we believe talented people are our greatest asset. In return for your talent and hard work, we also offer career development, excellent benefits, a competitive compensation package and generous merchandise discounts across our brands.
We have an exciting position for a Purchasing Specialist. The Purchasing Specialist will negotiate with vendors for the purchase of all supplies, equipment and services.
Internal Purchasing - (Corporate office, stores, Supply inventory)
· Develop New Store Process and coordinate all purchasing aspects of new store openings
· Maintain supply inventory and vendor maintained inventory for entire brand.
· Administer single brand and multi-brand bids.
· Review bid proposals and negotiate pricing for $6mm supply budget.
· Perform spend analysis by category and supplier and make recommendations for improvement
· Maintain specifications of all fixtures, hardware and supplies
· Conduct supplier performance evaluation and work with suppliers to feedback results and improve performance.
· Coordinate and resolve supply problems.
· Maintain store ordering site with updated item information and photos.
· Assist in budget preparation for $7.5mm annual budget for 840+ stores.
· Source new products for visual and marketing departments including sample review with supplier and visual team at SSC or in-store.
· Support SSC purchases as needed.
Reporting and Updating of reports
· Update Core Inventory Item list
. Prepare and analyze budget reports.
General Purchasing Department Coverage
· Requisitions for Co-workers as assigned
· Assist in junior associate mentoring.
· Invoice approvals and discrepancies
· Research as needed
· Other duties as assigned
Departmental back up
· Stay in touch with what coworkers are doing as regular and special duties and provide “seamless” service to customers
· Learn to perform coworkers duties in case of absence
Education: Associates Degree
Experience: 3-5 years Purchasing experience. Strong negotiating, vendor relations and inventory management skills.
Skills: Good Math Aptitude; Ability to Multi-Task; Excellent verbal and written communication,
dressbarn - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Ascena Retail Group (formerly Dress Barn, Inc.) has left the farm for greener -- but not leaner -- retail pastures. The apparel and...