Duties and responsibilities:
• Support Supply Chain Manager in maintaining good relationships with vendors, selecting vendor(s) with best quality, cost, and services, and negotiating best price for raw materials or services.
• Assist Supply Chain Manager in sourcing raw materials, packaging materials, and services domestically or globally.
• Process POs for all approved purchase requests for raw materials and packaging materials in accordance with the purchasing procedure.
• Schedule and coordinate inbound shipment logistics to ensure delivery to warehouses as requested.
• Maintain inbound reports (West Coast, East Coast, Drop Shipment) daily.
• Maintain purchase order files, manage MSDS and COAs for all raw materials.
• Initiate and coordinate vendor approval process, perform vendor evaluation periodically according to ISO procedures.
• Communicate with Planner and other groups/departments regarding availability and cost of raw materials.
• Maintain and update raw material cost sheet periodically.
• Coordinate import & export activities with other groups.
• Back up other staff within the department as assigned.
• 2 – 5 year experience in purchasing or related fields
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, good negotiation skills
• Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledge of import and export procedures and requirements
Preferred (but not required):
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Purchasing, or related fields
• Bilingual in English and an Asian language
On Assignment - 10 months ago