This position is responsible for the procurement and management of inventory for all McLane Grocery divisions; utilizing various McLane Systems, applications and best practices to achieve the goals set forth for the department for service level, DSII, overstocks, distributions, SKU management and income.
A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Ensure that all pricing and deals are accurate and that any changes or updates are communicated in accordance with company pricing and deal policies.
- Work closely with and communicate well with suppliers, brokers, customer and McLane Grocery divisions, to include customer service, sales, accounting and operations.
- Analyze sales and purchasing trends to identify, plan and execute seasonal strategies and other changes in demand.
- Utilize McLane systems to identify income opportunities.
- Review daily service level, DSII reporting, and daily out reports by division (Report Net, and MPulse SL cube).
- Review of the past due and unconfirmed purchase orders report, three-day time supply.
- Review of warehouse receiving and inventory adjustments.
- Buy in accordance with the policies and best practices of McLane Company, adhering to the requirements necessary to meet individual, department and company objectives.
- Assist with purchasing, online distributions; overstock resolution, weekly filter trips, TIPS/Deal End review, SKU management, and Deal and Cost Change approval.
- Assist in invoice discrepancies, and help in seasonal planning as needed.
- BS or BA in business or related major and two years business related work experience.
- Purchasing or inventory management background preferred. Management and supervisory experience helpful, along with experience from a distributor or wholesale background.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as some sales experience is also helpful.
- Excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be a team player with a winning attitude.
McLane - 14 months ago
You might say this company makes it convenient for stores and restaurants to get food. McLane Company is one of the largest wholesale...