The Purchasing Specialist will help the Purchasing Coordinator in processing approved purchase orders to vendors, provide vendor follow-up to confirm deliveries, monitor inventory levels to assure timely receipts, aid with projects within the purchasing/accounting area that will affect the productivity and profitability of the company, and other daily responsibilities.
Skills & Abilities:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent preferred
- 2-5 years relevant purchasing and/or accounting experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Computer proficiency (MS Word, Excel, Outlook) with strong math skills
Self-motivated to meet high standards : willing to work with others to attain strategic goals while exceeding performance expectations in daily work.
Strong communicator : possesses excellent written and oral communication skills; able to clearly present instructions via phone and by email.
Organized & resourceful : develops detailed plans and manages time wisely; able to focus under pressure to get the job done while managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
Relationship builder : maintains positive, trusting relationships with vendors and co-workers. Has the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Reports to: Director of Accounting and Finance
- Process approved purchase requisitions, create purchase orders, and verify vendor terms and delivery dates.
- Close out completed purchase orders.
- Work with accounting to resolve PO-to-Invoice discrepancies.
- Monitor purchase costs against prior purchases, notifying management of any changes.
- Assist the accounting team with profit analyses by product, customer and sales channel.
- Generate routine productivity and labor reports.