What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure?
You get one of the best privately held small business headquartered in Huntsville, Alabama, that provides advanced technology and expert consulting services to industries throughout the world. AEgis specializes in modeling & simulation (M&S) and micro/nanoscale technology development. Our core competencies include simulation software and training simulators; geospatial databases; 3D models; war fighter exercise support; systems engineering and analysis; verification, validation, and accreditation (VV&A); test and evaluation support; Hardware-in-the-Loop (HWIL) and Man-in-the-Loop (MIL) simulation. AEgis' Nanogenesis Division excels in advancing cutting edge micro and nanoscale technologies from concept to deployment with applications ranging from defense to energy to biotechnology.
Works under general supervision, and may receive work direction from a Senior Accountant. Posts and balances a wide variety of financial data in various ledgers (i.e., accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, etc.). May assist with trial balances, analyzes financial documents, investigates questionable data and prepares various reports. Checks and verifies transactions to ensure consistency and accuracy of accounting documents. May assist in the training and guiding of lower level and new accounting clerk personnel. Working knowledge of accounting/ bookkeeping principles, practices, and procedures.
- Serving as main point of contact for company in making purchases
- Monitoring compliance with FAR requirements / ISO standards
- Support of Accounts Payable function in verifying receipt of goods / services, and complete documentation of same
- Establishing payment terms with vendors
- Issuing purchase orders in accordance with specifications established by Project Managers
- Ensuring that terms & conditions (pricing, delivery, etc.) are met
- Verifying completeness of documentation
- Compliance with Company policy/FAR/ISO requirements & sales tax rules
- Processing of Purchase orders through Deltek accounting system
- Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), with regard to material purchases on Government Contracts
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 standards
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint Accounting / Purchasing System
- Experience in basic accounting procedure
5-10+ yrs (BS) OR equivalent years of relative experience
The AEgis Technologies Group, Inc. - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard