The position reports to the Branch President and is responsible for performing a variety of duties related to the strategic sourcing process for a sub-set of commodity and specialized packaging goods including corrugated materials, tape, stretch film, shrink film, strapping, and other industrial packaging materials.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
• Negotiates contracts to secure the highest quality goods and value based on market shifts, supply-chain movement, and various product offerings.
• Assists with development materials management strategies for the specific groups and presents them to management.
• Monitors compliance with contracts, facilities meetings and discussions to resolve circumstances, and contacts other personnel when required.
• Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
• Oversees and coordinates purchasing matters with other departments, locations and divisions, including senior management.
• Other duties assigned.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent education and experience preferred.
• Minimum of six years of professional purchasing experience.
• Strong preference for backgrounds in flexible packaging.
• Strong organizational skills required
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to engage multiple functions (technical, engineering, general management) within a business.
• Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); and other applications as required.
Family-owned Victory Packaging manufactures and distributes corrugated boxes, bubble wrap, shrink film, tape, equipment, and other packaging...