The Purchasing Agent reports to the General Manager and is responsible for performing a variety of duties related to the strategic sourcing process for a sub-set of commodity and specialized packaging goods including corrugated materials, tape, stretch film, shrink film, strapping, and other industrial packaging materials.
• Research new suppliers to meet customer needs that may be unique or unusual.
• Confirm Warehouse Agreement is complete and in place for product to be maintained in warehouse.
• Manage replenishment of existing stock.
• Update sales representatives and customer service of delivery status, or other order issues.
• Negotiates contracts to secure the highest quality goods and value based on market shifts, supply-chain movement, and various product offerings.
• Monitors compliance with contracts, facilities meetings and discussions to resolve circumstances, and contacts other personnel when required.
• Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
• Quickly and accurately process requests for bids submitted by sales team by identifying customer needs and match with possible suppliers.
• Utilize preferred suppliers as identified on Victory matrix whenever possible.
• Partner with warehouse shipping and receiving for quality review and routing.
• Partner with inventory to conduct cycle count and enhance product knowledge.
• Other duties as assigned.
• A Bachelors degree in Business Administration or equivalent education and experience.
• Minimum of three years of professional purchasing experience, including at least two years of experience managing industrial or consumer packaging sourcing processes.
• Strong preference for backgrounds in consumer and industrial packaging corrugated materials, tape, stretch, film, shrink film, strapping, and other industrial packaging materials.
• Strong organizational skills required
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to engage multiple functions (technical, engineering, general management) within a business.
• Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
• AS400 knowledge preferred.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); and other applications as required.
Victory Packaging - 7 months ago
Family-owned Victory Packaging manufactures and distributes corrugated boxes, bubble wrap, shrink film, tape, equipment, and other packaging...