Procurement professionals assist in directing and managing the purchasing function. They don't expect the stakeholder to define their business need around a procurement process and are at the same time committed to supporting the required business outcomes.
At XL Group, our goal is to ensure customer-focused operations on a consistent basis. An integral part of our operations is procurement. To do so effectively we seek a Purchasing Specialist to join our team in Stamford.
As an XL Group purchasing specialist you will focus on delivering strategic and sustainable improvements and manage the indirect spend procurement process of facilities related goods and services. Core components of the role will be efforts to ensure the program is efficient, resilient and promotes ongoing continued cost savings on a consistent basis.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Soliciting, receiving and analyzing proposals, quotations and tender submissions to make vendor selections and to develop sourcing strategies for assigned categories in accordance with corporate policies and legal compliance.
- Working with internal clients ensuring their business requirements are incorporated in sourcing strategies and providing functional support to all lines of business, support areas, and client groups.
- Building requirement specific total cost of ownership models and conducting price and cost analysis of supplier's proposals.
- Working as part of cross-functional teams in the development of quantitative and qualitative criteria for supplier selection contributing to the development of internal sourcing and procurement practices, policies, and procedures.
- Identifying opportunities to negotiate effectively for cost reductions and implementing market and supplier process improvements.
- Providing timely and accurate reporting and analysis on spend and supplier effectiveness.
- Eradicating non-value added steps in the buying process, for both internal stakeholders and suppliers, doing everything possible to keep the cost of sale low working openly with the supply market to translate these benefits into improved commercial terms.
- Establishing performance contractual criteria including service level agreements that hold suppliers accountable for performance.
- Ensuring that programs and practices are effectively integrated and coordinated with clients, support groups, and suppliers.
- Working closely with XL subject matter experts including Legal, Finance, Tax, Audit and Risk Management to ensure that the form, nature, scope, and execution of contracts are consistent with XL guidelines, policies and appropriate business practices.
In this role, you will report directly to the Senior Sourcing Operations Manager
We're looking for someone who has these values, abilities, and skills:
- Strong purchasing and procurement credentials with a successful track record of supply chain management practices to support operations.
- A Bachelors of Science or Arts Degree and / or 2 to 8 years of Supply Management / Procurement / Purchasing experience required.
- Comprehension of contract types, methods and procedures, including incentives, contract law, etc.
- Industry designations in procurement: Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) Certified Professional Purchasing Manager (CPPM) or Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP) or similar designation / certification.
- Effective business and communications skills to successfully represent XL Group in dealings with outside suppliers and internal clients.
- Advanced computer literacy including PC-based desktop applications and spend analysis, Purchasing / ePurchasing, and Contract Management systems.
- Openness to new and innovative sources of supply to advocate these alternative approaches with their stakeholders.
- Position may require domestic travel of 10-20% primarily in the region.
The successful candidate for this position is likely to have a minimum of 2 years of experience.
No Relocation Offered.
Resumes will not be accepted from Agencies for this position.
XL Group plc (NYSE: XL) is one of the world’s leading insurance groups focused on Property & Casualty (non-life) insurance and reinsurance...