Daktronics is recognized worldwide as a leader in the large electronic display industry. The company designs, manufactures, sells and services a variety of display products in three primary markets: sports, commercial, and transportation. Daktronics Sports market customers include schools, colleges and universities, and professional teams. Commercial Market customers include financial institutions, hotels and motels, gaming, auto dealers, convenience stores, shopping centers and other retail establishments. Transportation applications include display systems for state and city departments of transportation, mass transit systems, airlines and airports, bus terminals and other transportation agencies.
Position located in Brookings, South Dakota. Candidates must be enrolled and registered as a fulltime student. Ideal candidate should be available to work approximately 15-20 hrs/week during the academic year and at least 20hrs/week during the summer.
1. General clerical activities, including phone support, accurate and timely data entry, customer correspondence, quotes, word-processing projects, spreadsheet entry, copying and filing.
2. Will professionally answer and direct phone calls and accurately take messages.
3. Consistently complete quality work in a timely manner. Inspect own work. Quickly learn new tasks. Accurately and consistently complete repetitive tasks.
4. Work effectively as a team member, work with little supervision, help when and where needed, make suggestions for process improvement, communicate effectively with team members, be at work on time and maintain good attendance, and follow company guidelines and policies.
5. Regularly and reliably work scheduled hours.
6. Perform other duties as needed.
1. Currently enrolled as a full-time student. Prefer business administration, economics or related major and in their sophomore, junior or senior year of school. Only strong performers in undergraduate coursework will be considered.
2. Must maintain an acceptable GPA.
3. Maintain strict confidentiality of all information associated with Daktronics responsibilities.
4. Have good written and verbal communications skills.
5. Be self-motivated, flexible and have good organizational skills.
6. Good computer and keyboarding skills are required. Knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel. Ability to learn Glovia ERP software.
7. Ability and interest to be successful in a professional environment, to learn new skills, to work as an effective team member, and to complete work in a quality and timely manner.
8. Background check may be required.
9. Fluent in English both written and verbal.
10. Maintain acceptable GPA.
11. We do not sponsor immigration visas for this position.