Posting Job Title: Purchasing Supervisor
Requisition #: 143865BR
Posting Location: Herndon, VA, US
Area of Interest: Finance/Accounting
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks a Purchasing Supervisor for our NaviSite/ATG Department in Herndon, Va. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
The Purchasing Supervisor is responsible for planning, organizing and coordinating the work done by the purchasing group located in Herndon, VA. The group provides purchasing support to the Advanced Technology Group, NaviSite, News, Security, HR, Supply Chain and other corporate departments of Time Warner Cable.
- Ability to train, assist and coach employees.
- Flexibility and ablility to adapt to changing processes and
this position will work with multiple functions and many
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing -
levels of management.
detail and deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks with strong attention to
- Must be a self-started that takes ownership for his/her
Excel and Word).
- Display a strong ethical/moral character.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (intermediate level
the areas of Purchasing and Query.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials strongly preferred in
two years in a lead role or supervisory position.
- Four to six years related experience, including at least
questions from groups of managers, clients and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
internal, as well as external customers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and
Yes, 5% Travel
Supervisor: Plans, staffs, evaluates and directs work of employees of a work unit.
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00236 - Herndon 13820 Sunrise Valley
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...