We are currently seeking a Purchasing Supervisor who will drive results measured by lower material costs, supplier responsiveness and performance, process improvements, and productivity throughout the supply chain. This position will plan and procure materials, parts and supplies in a timely and cost effective manner to insure the consistent and reliable availability of quality components to meet manufacturing and project requirements through the management of supplier relationships.
1. Leadership and development of staff of Buyers including succession planning.
2. Responsible for budget of $1.3M, primarily related to freight.
3. Administer the Supplier Management Program at the Plant level to improve supplier performance. Key components of supplier management include:
a) Management of the supplier scorecard process including the establishment of goals to improve supplier performance; b) Supplier Corrective Action Notice process; c) Assume leadership role in managing relationships with suppliers for tactical aspects of Purchasing; d) Support Strategic Commodity Managers to establish and strengthen strategic relationships and build effective partnerships with suppliers.
4. In conjunction with Supplier Quality Engineer, discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with users, suppliers and others to determine root cause of supplier quality issues and implement corrective and preventive action. Establish proactive measures to enhance quality.
5. Inventory management and reduction efforts: a) Assume full accountability for inventory of raw material; b) Assist in determining raw material inventory targets, including details by commodity group; c) Monitor actual inventory ROC against targets and addresses variances; d) Implement and manage supplier stocking agreements and VMI.
6. Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities, including the following: material costs, freight, MRO, storage, handling, obsolescence and resource optimization.
7. Insure consistent application of Buyer standard work and consistent execution of own standard work.
8. Resolve sourcing and delivery issues to prevent interruptions in customer service and production shortages; drive root cause resolution to prevent reoccurrences.
9. Maintain procurement related master data within ERP system to insure accuracy of calculated requirements.
10. Insure component and API specification alignment with suppliers.
11. Responsible for implementing and maintaining procurement policies and procedures established by Corporate Supply Chain Department.
12. Liaise with Accounts Payable Department to insure accurate and timely payment of invoices.
13. Application of lean principles and 6 sigma tools and techniques, with particularly emphasis on measurement system analysis (MSA), gauge R&R, and root cause analysis.
To qualify for this position, candidates must possess a Bachelor's Degree; APICS certification: CPIM or CSCP; a minimum of 6 years experience in supply chain roles; a minimum or 3 years experience in a Purchasing role; and a minimum of 2 years supervisory experience. It is desired that candidates have a 6 sigma green belt and knowledge of Pharmaceutical industry and FDA regulations. Candidates must have decision-making and critical thinking skills; the ability to work cooperatively in a team environment; and the ability to interface with external suppliers.
B.Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, company sponsored pension, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com An affirmative action - equal opportunity employer.
Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
B. Braun Medical Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job