Applicant must be focused, very quick to learn and must have strong skills in Microsoft Excel and all Microsoft Office programs. A motivated, multi-tasker will be most successful in this position. Three or more years of experience in an administrative position are required – preferably in purchasing. Accuracy and pride in work product are essential in this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Interfaces with enterprise system to create purchase and sales orders, along with verbal or email dialog with suppliers to ensure timely and accurate product flow.
* Interfaces with a diverse group of buyers to provide timely and accurate communication, issue resolution and follow-up.
* Coordinates between suppliers and customers with respect to availabilities, ship dates, cancelation dates and prompt resolutions for all related issues.
* Files, faxes, copies and provides administrative support as required. Creates, maintains, prints and distributes reports in support of purchasing activities.
* Performs both routine and special projects.
* Creates and maintains various MS Excel spreadsheets that are critical to ongoing purchasing activities.
* Purchasing of Office Supplies and other internal department needs.
* Responsibilities will evolve as quickly as candidate can learn and grow.
* Must be highly organized, detail orientated and possess excellent and tenacious follow-up skills. Required Skills:
Microsoft Office, Strong typing skills
Business Objects, BAAN ERP System
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 100,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Land & Armaments Operating Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Land and Armaments is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions.
People are the greatest asset in any Company ...
BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that understands the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture.
Join us ...
BAE Systems - 15 months ago
BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and...