This position supports the purchasing function of the company and manages assisgned IT purchasing functions, reporting to a Purchasing Director. The principal duties are as follows:
- Provide technical support for the company's purchasing system.
- Interface with IT on technical issues.
- Maintain a user database.
- Maintain routing rules and workflow processes.
- Perform system testing.
- Generate monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Generates ad hoc reports upon request.
- Test applications and processes.
- Resolve electronic purchasing system problems.
- Perform set up of new suppliers, routing rules, and new project and task arrangements.
- Work with vendors on technical transmissions.
- Assist with the setup of new company organizations.
- Coordinate all software upgrades.
- Assist as either primary or proxy on commodities as delegated by the Purchasing Director.
- Prepare RFQs (Request for Quotes) as related to the IT commodity in service and hardware.
- Take part in Contract/SLA reviews and negotiations.
- Manage the IT "tap out" vendor sites in the company's electronic purchasing system.
- Support the analysis of market and trends.
- Suggest ideas for new processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
- Help establish strong working relationships with key customers and opinion leaders, both external and internal, and demonstrate accountability with a focus on customer service.
- Support the company's best value procurement.
Parsons Brinckerhoff is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
- Associate's degree in Business or a related field.
- At least five years experience in the purchasing function, including goods, services and commodities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, strong technical skills and effective negotiation skills with the capability of obtaining the best possible businedd deals within the constraints of each bargaining setting.
- Involvement in several aspects of large dollar-volume business agreements will be required. Therefore this position will require successful completion of a comprehensive background check.
Parsons Brinckerhoff offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package to all eligible employees. Health and Welfare benefits include medical plans, Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, dental and vision plans, disability insurance, and life and travel accident insurance. We also offer a 401(k) voluntary retirement savings plan with a company match. In addition, Parsons Brinckerhoff offers paid time off, company holidays, and an Employee Assistance Program. A wide array of voluntary benefits are offered including prepaid legal services, critical illness insurance, supplemental life insurance, auto and home insurance, and even pet insurance.
Talented? Check. In demand? Check. Handsome? You decide. Check out this Beatty -- Balfour Beatty. The company provides infrastructure and...