Would you like to be involved in a movement? Join us at RootMetrics where we are providing an accurate, unbiased view of wireless carrier and connected device performance. With extensive benchmark analytics, easy-to-use interactive maps and controls, you can compare voice, data and text performance ratings as well as an overall RootScore for each service category. Users can investigate metro-wide performance or drill-down to specific street address. Root measures, reports and scores the true consumer experience of wireless performance using empirical results from our own proprietary systems. Goodbye guesswork. Farewell imprecise carrier-provided coverage maps.
Founded in 2009 in Bellevue Washington by software and wireless industry veterans, RootMetrics collects and analyzes data from a high (and growing) number of mobile devices. Our audacious goal is to fundamentally change the way wireless services are bought and sold by inserting a new selection criterion: the RootScore. RootMetrics offers a competitive salary and benefits package, stock options, and much more.
We are seeking a bright, self-motivated Automation Engineer to join our Engineering team. The Automation Engineer will help automate our mobile app testing on iOS and Android platforms. This role provides plenty of freedom to innovate. A startup mentality is critical for success in this position: a passionate can-do attitude, exceptional communication skills, and the ability to collaborate while acting as a thought leader in your area of expertise will serve you well at RootMetrics. Sound good? Once hired, here’s what we’ll need you to do.
- Design, develop, and execute automated tests on iOS and Android platforms
- Automate both new features and regression tests
- Execute and debug automated test plans
Skills and Qualifications
- BS in computer science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in design/development of client automation (frame works, test cases).
- Experience with mobile devices, specifically Android and iOS (familiar with app installation/removal, settings, debugging, and understanding of device logs)
- Experience using automation tools/test frameworks for Android and iOS mobile clients is strongly desired (Eg., Robotium, iCuke)
- Ability to translate information into test cases
- Experience using third party automation tools for UI testing of mobile device applications
- A history of positive teamwork, flexibility, resiliency and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Good Understanding of RESTful web services and JSON
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Scripting experience in Python or Perl is preferred
- Experience using source code control system such as Perforce and Git
- Knowledge of AWS infrastructure and launching instances is a plus
- Knowledge of MySQL is a plus
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include QA, Automation Engineer in the Subject Line of the email. Please feel free to forward.
RootMetrics is an equal opportunity employer and supports workplace diversity
RootMetrics - 17 months ago