The essential responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Analyst are to conduct thorough product testing and maintain agreed upon quality standards in order to provide the highest quality software products to both external and internal customers. Works with the Manager to understand the business requirements and objectives relative to the desired functionality of products and applications. Creates test cases and evaluates and tests new or modified software to determine that software meets user requirements and established quality standards.
Essential Job functions:
• Writes and Executes detailed test cases; performs complex manual, integration, and regression tests.
• Documents software issues and enhancement requests and assists development with concise and detailed steps for duplication of the problems found while performing manual functional, integration, and regression tests.
• Verifies resolved Change Requests and maintains accurate status for Change Requests entered in each project.
• Creates master test plans with clearly defined test objectives.
• Assists fellow team members and customers with problem reporting and resolution and maintaining appropriate follow-up communications throughout the resolution process.
• Contributes towards QA estimation and scheduling process.
• Determines when additional initiative is required to meet scheduled work and undertakes it.
• Monitors progress against schedule. ~
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills, with both technical and non-technical associates.
- Knowledge of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Desire and ability to learn new skills and improve upon current skills
- High degree of efficiency and motivation in work habits in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Some experience or training in MS Windows software development, specifically C/C++.
- Some experience or training in SQL query language and MS SQL server.operating systems, basic networking skills, and basic hardware knowledge.
- Good computer skills, including but not limited to: knowledge of multiple software programs (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, Lotus Notes, Quality Center, etc.), operating systems, basic networking skills, and basic hardware knowledge.
- Ability to comprehend complexity, to fully understand a product with all of its business and technological implications, and to approach the improvement of its quality from that perspective.
- Commitment to meeting testing deadlines.
- CAST, CSTE, CASQ, or CQSA certifications not required but preferred.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 3-5 years related experience
Dealertrack Technologies, Inc. - 10 months ago