VisionFoundry is seeking a senior Automated QA Tester to conduct automated QA testing for a temporary assignment with a valued government customer. The core task of this engagement is to design, implement, and maintain an automated functional testing program for an existing web application development project.
The applicant must have experience with implementing and using HP QuickTest Professional and Quality Center on several projects, including at least one significant web software project. Training or a general understanding of the tool is not sufficient; only expert QTP professionals will be considered.
The applicant will work with a well-organized team on a successful multi-year project. This is not a “rescue mission” for a project with poor quality control.
Since this task includes implementation along with maintenance, the applicant must have the project management skills required to manage the implementation process. The ability to communicate with and educate other technical and functional team members is critical. You will also be the primary public face of QC and QTP for the client, working with current project staff.
- Develop and manage automation of web application testing in HP QC and QTP version 11
- Create and execute manual and automated test cases using Quality Center/Test Director
- Transfer knowledge to other project personnel
- Conduct automated web and applications testing
- Work with QA Manager to generate test plans and schedules
- Communicate with team members and client staff who have a need to understand
- Provide bi-weekly and ad hoc status reports on test script development, maintenance,
- Extensive HP Quality Center/Test Director experience
- 3 – 5 years of functional automation testing experience with QTP
- Experience with implementing QTP
- Demonstrable experience using QTP to test web applications with complex business logic
- Experience developing data–driven QTP scripts from scratch
- Minimum of 3 years of web software testing experience
- Experience with testing web services
- Experience with multi-tier web architectures
- Knowledge of Oracle and SQL (database knowledge does not have to be at the DBA level)
- Experience creating test plans, test matrixes, and schedules
- Good writing and communications skills
- Experience testing Java applications built on Oracle Portal or Oracle WebCenter
Portal (helpful, but not required)
- Must be U.S. citizen (position requires a background check, but not a clearance)
Tysons Corner, VA
About VisionFoundry, Inc.:
VisionFoundry is a custom software design and development company that works with government & military organizations, law enforcement agencies, and medium-to-large corporations. We create a competitive advantage for our clients through user-focused software design and development. VisionFoundry is U.S. Small Business Administration 8(a) Certified and a Woman-owned Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB). VisionFoundry is an equal opportunity employer.