Quality Assurance Analyst III
David Evans and Associates is currently seeking a QA Analyst to join our project team with our client in Portland, OR. The Quality Assurance Analyst in this position serves as a technical expert in the PeopleSoft, Visual Studio and other Application environments and maintains production controls in an Enterprise IT business environment and is responsible for coordinating vendor-supplied and internally-developed incidents, fixes and bundles, production version control, data verification, infrastructure reporting and patch coordination. The QA Analyst develops policies, standards, documentation, programs and web pages to facilitate change modifications, data management, patch management and perform various quality control efforts.
- The Quality Assurance Analyst will be primarily responsible for the creation and execution of manual and automated application tests. They will review requirement and design documents as well as the program’s Quality Plan which provide guidance for defining test scenarios and writing manual and automated test scripts. They will design and write tests which will be used in system integration, performance, failover, and acceptance testing.
- The QA Analyst in this position serves as a technical expert in the PeopleSoft, Visual Studio and other Application environments and maintains production controls in an Enterprise IT business environment and is responsible for coordinating vendor-supplied and internally-developed incidents, fixes and bundles, production version control, data verification, infrastructure reporting and patch coordination. The QA Analyst develops policies, standards, documentation, programs and web pages to facilitate change modifications, data management, patch management and perform various quality control efforts.
- The QA Analyst must possess the ability to work in an environment with many concurrent tasks with frequent interruptions while maintaining strict adherence to the negotiated timeframes. The QA Analyst must possess the knowledge and experience of version control techniques sufficient to serve as a technical expert in the IT Production Control Function with primary responsibility for version and migration control for business essential applications, including scheduling systems, power billing systems, river management systems, and trade management systems.
- The QA Analyst must possess the skill in effective oral and written communication sufficient to communicate complex technical requirements to non-technical personnel; develop and deliver briefings, project papers, status/staff reports, and correspondence to foster understanding and acceptance of findings and recommendations and to present, explain, and defend controversial issues and persuade program managers and other decision-making officials with widely differing goals and interests to follow a recommended course of action consistent with established policies, objectives, and regulations.
Knowledge of and skill in applying:
- 10+ years experience, Computer Technology
- Undergraduate College Degree, Computer Technology
- CSQA (Certified Software Quality Analyst) - Preferred
- Ability to effectively present technical information to various audiences ranging from the client, developer to project manager
- Database query tools such as DB Artesian or SQL Query Analyzer in a distributed client-server environment.
- Working knowledge to TFS and ability to use its’ versioning components.
- Working knowledge of the versioning tool SVN.
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft 9.0 tools for migration of projects.
- Working knowledge of Visual Studio.
- Working knowledge of MSBuild.
- Working knowledge of Power Shell.
- Working knowledge of VBScript.
- Working knowledge of ViceVersa Pro
- Navigate and compile in the Microsoft Windows environment.
- Use version control software to maintain a history of changes to multiple applications.
- Migrate application modifications to a network of servers that have SQL, Oracle, and Unix platforms.
- Communicate, orally and in writing, specific technical procedures and requirements to program managers and technical development staff.
- Work in an environment with many concurrent tasks with frequent interruptions while maintaining strict adherence to the negotiated timeframes
Knowledge of and skill in applying
- Agile Software Development or XP product development methods and tools
- XML programming
- Create Test Driven Development (TDD) automated tests for production code.
- Use Agile Modeling to model and document test cases.
- Carry out assigned tasks with a professional demeanor reflected in excellent written and oral communication skills, listening skills, patience, analytical reasoning and problem solving abilities
- Ability to meet timelines, milestones, deliverables and provide timely (weekly) status updates
- Communicate technical information verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical users
- Provide a sustainable IT infrastructure by supplying cross training and functional documentation
- Providing on-call and backup support for existing systems and functions. Required to carry a BPA supplied cell phone/pager and work non-core hours when requested
**Interested and qualified candidates may apply directly, or by sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
David Evans & Associates - 2 years ago