is responsible for developing and managing the end-to-end quality assurance life cycle for various ESPN products. Will work directly with the product development groups across ESPN Enterprises to certify new products prior to launch, gather feedback and quality metrics post launch, and provide tools for monitoring and maintaining the quality of products once they are live in market. QA Analyst will also help to ensure that fan feedback is gathered, monitored, and incorporated into product redesigns to ensure continuous improvement across all ESPN products.
ESPN, Inc., The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities. Headquartered in Bristol, Connecticut, ESPN is 80% owned by ABC, Inc. (a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company), and 20% by the Hearst Corporation.
ESPN was founded by Bill Rasmussen and launched on September 7, 1979. Now with over 6,500 employees, each year ESPN televises more than 5,100 live and/or original hours of sports programming. The company’s mission is to serve sports fans. Anytime. Anywhere.
- Works directly with product development and engineering groups to develop test cases, test scripts, and quality requirements for certification of products prior to launch.
- Participates in test case execution, bug tracking, and issue resolution during development life cycle to ensure products meet all requirements of the functional specification prior to launch.
- Develops a quality monitoring system (automated or manual) for post launch products. When necessary, will participate in the manual monitoring of the system during live events.
- Will act as the main contact for verification of bug fixes and problem resolution prior to closing open items.
- Supports the liaison between the ESPN Customer Care team and the development team to follow-up on problem resolution.
- Assists in gathering and reporting on fan feedback through various feedback mechanisms. Presents feedback to development teams for product updates and continuous improvement activities.
- Participates during the design and development stages of the product life cycle to provide feedback on usability, performance, and data accuracy.
- Assist in performing competitive product reviews to determine the quality level of ESPN products in comparison to major competitors in various fields.
- Has advanced knowledge of QA standards and protocols for applications development.
- Has a good understanding of all the ESPN new media products.
- Must be an avid sports fan with good understanding of fantasy products, sports applications, and tools used by the modern sports fan (Online, Video, and Mobile).
- Minimum of 1 year of testing experience with QA, applications development or in a related subject matter field.
- Knowledge in the use of Microsoft Excel a must.
- Experience with automated testing software, bug tracking systems, and QA reporting tools a plus.
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
ESPN, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
ESPN, Inc. - 2 years ago
ESPN, Inc. The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest...