Flagstar Bank, headquartered in Troy, Michigan, is a full-service bank with 111 branches in communities across Michigan. Chartered in 1987 as a federal savings bank, today Flagstar has assets of $14.0 billion. We are the largest banking company headquartered in Michigan, the ninth largest mortgage originator in the country, and one of the nation's top 15 largest savings banks. We offer a wide range of products and services for individuals and businesses — all delivered with award-winning service. From consumer loans and credit cards, to treasury management and specialty lending, we bring the full resources of a commercial bank to our customers.
We like to pride ourselves on being a different employer as well. You'll find a dynamic work environment where employees of all levels interact with one another, exchange ideas, and grow personally and professionally. People power our business.
As a Quality Assurance Analyst, you will support the Information Technology team in analyzing, designing, building and executing high quality testing solutions that meet business needs. You will leverage product analysis, software testing and quality engineering practices throughout the entire delivery lifecycle. A QA Analyst uses various software engineering and testing tools to validate functionality and execute tests. This role collaborates closely in cross functional teams that include other QA analysts, business analysts, software engineers and developers.
You will demonstrate your experience leading software testing efforts and creating test strategies for product initiatives. In addition to being highly skilled in analysis, you will demonstrate your understanding of test design, test execution and engineering practices. Your expertise in quality assurance methodologies and multiple test approaches will be exercised regularly. Your level of understanding in automated testing concepts and test automation tools will be challenged. A Quality Assurance Analyst will be hands-on, technically strong showing a high level of technical aptitude and programming ability to solve business needs.
- Analyze Business Needs and Define Validity, Feasibility and Technical Soundness of Requirements - Identify gaps and weaknesses in technical requirements and acceptance criteria. Use methodical and repeatable processes to verify releases meet quality standards before launch. Apply Quality Assurance principles throughout design and implementation to identify defect and design flaws.
- Design Creative Testing Strategies for Business Initiatives - Create new acceptance criteria and enhance existing acceptance criteria of requirements. Decompose user stories, technical requirements, and business rules and extract positive and negative test scenarios.
- Create functional and nonfunctional test cases that verify requirements and validate functionality.
- Support test automation efforts by designing test scripts and executing automated tests - Highly skilled in QTP (Quick Test Pro) script development. Execute functional testing within a software development framework - functional testing (primarily White Box), smoke testing, component testing, regression testing and integration testing.
- Execute Testing and Report Results – load and performance testing, browser compatibility testing, security testing
- Support Existing Systems – perform maintenance, support and updates on legacy systems
- High School diploma or GED and 4+ years of experience in a related area.
- 4+ years experience testing web-based and client server applications.
- 4+ years experience applying software quality assurance methodology.
- 2+ years test automation experience.
- 2+ years working in a software development methodology environment.
- 2+ years scripting or programming experience.
- Experience using HP testing tools - Quick Test Pro, LoadRunner or Quality Center.
- Experience writing and executing SQL statements (both simple and complex) to perform data verification (preferred)
- Working experience in a Quality Assurance Life Cycle environment
Flagstar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Experience collaborating with developers and business experts.
- Must be able to translate testing specifications between technical experts and business units.
- Demonstrate capability to learn business processes quickly in order to provide valuable and relevant testing strategies.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
Flagstar Bank - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Flagstar Bancorp is the holding company for Flagstar Bank, which operates about 115 branches (including some in retail stores) in...