Flagstar Bank, headquartered in Troy, Michigan, is a full-service bank with 111 branches in communities across Michigan. Chartered in 1987 as a federal savings bank, today Flagstar has assets of $14.0 billion. We are the largest banking company headquartered in Michigan, the ninth largest mortgage originator in the country, and one of the nation's top 15 largest savings banks. We offer a wide range of products and services for individuals and businesses — all delivered with award-winning service. From consumer loans and credit cards, to treasury management and specialty lending, we bring the full resources of a commercial bank to our customers.
We like to pride ourselves on being a different employer as well. You'll find a dynamic work environment where employees of all levels interact with one another, exchange ideas, and grow personally and professionally. People power our business.
The QA Analyst supports an agile team in analyzing, designing, building and testing high-quality solutions that meet customer expectations for the flagstar.com web site. The QA Analyst leverages product analysis, software testing and quality engineering practices throughout the entire agile delivery lifecycle. The QA Analyst uses various software engineering and testing tools to validate functionality and execute tests. The QA Analyst is responsible for supporting the department’s concurrent (in-cycle) testing strategy. This role collaborates closely with software engineers and UI developers.
Candidates must demonstrate experience leading software testing efforts and creating test strategies for product initiatives. In addition to being highly skilled in analysis, candidates must demonstrate a strong understanding of software test design, test execution and engineering practices. Candidates must also be an expert in quality assurance methodologies and multiple test approaches. An understanding of automated testing concepts and exposure to off-the-shelf or open source test automation tools is a must. This is a hands-on, technical position, so candidates must demonstrate a high level of technical aptitude, some programming ability and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Analyze user stories and technical requirements for validity, feasibility and technical soundness. Identify gaps and weaknesses in user stories, technical requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Use methodical and repeatable processes to verify releases meet quality standards before launch. Apply Quality Assurance principles throughout agile design and implementation to identify defect and design flaws.
- Create new acceptance criteria and enhance existing acceptance criteria on user stories.
- Decompose user stories, technical requirements, and business rules and extract positive and negative test scenarios.
- Design functional and non-functional test cases that verify requirements and validate functionality. Support test automation efforts by designing test scripts and executing automated tests.
- Execute functional testing within an Agile framework - functional testing (primarily White Box), smoke testing, component testing, regression testing and integration testing.
- Execute non-functional testing – load and performance testing, browser compatibility testing, security testing
- Analyze website scan reports to continuously monitor site quality and performance metrics.
- Work proactively to identify and mitigate project risks which impact quality. Tollgate the defect management process so that quality goals and customer expectations are satisfied.
- Individual makes effective use of the resources and technologies at hand. Looks for and applies ways to do a better job including new tools, technologies, and process. Applies past experience and knowledge to continuously improve.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology, or 4-6 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- 5+ years experience testing web-based applications.
- 5+ years experience applying software quality assurance methodologies.
- 2+ years test automation experience.
- 2+ years working in an Agile software development environment (preferably SCRUM).
- 2+ years scripting or programming experience
- Experience using HP testing tools - Quick Test Pro, LoadRunner and Quality Center.
- Experience writing and executing SQL statements (both simple and complex) to perform data verification.
- Experience utilizing ATDD techniques preferred
- Experience with open source test automation tools like Cucumber, Watir, FitNesse or Selenium preferred.
- Experience collaborating with developers and business experts.
- Very strong business analysis, system analysis or product analysis skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
Flagstar Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Flagstar Bank - 20 months ago
Flagstar Bancorp is the holding company for Flagstar Bank, which operates about 115 branches (including some in retail stores) in...