What does the QA Analyst do?
Assists with and supports the maintenance of a clear and concise statistical and metric-based reporting of testing progress including reports and dashboards.
Supports the testing environment and the testing lifecycle by reporting defects using the defined reporting process.
Executes and maintains functional tests using tools and reports results using defined process and resources.
Analyzes and identifies system defects through functional, regression, and performance testing. Appropriately escalates these issues as defined by the processes
Promotes customer satisfaction and quality customer service within the company for clients and other departments.
Develops and maintains positive working relationships with clients and other company departments.
Supports after hours tasks as required.
Escalates issues to the manager or lead in a timely and appropriate manner.
Organizes workload to meet deadlines as assigned by the team leadership.
Ensures the team leadership is informed of schedules and timelines, statuses, issues, mitigations and all other information necessary or requested.
Assists with the compilation of status notifications for business stakeholders and technology management.
Maintains proficiency in the application and use of systems, tools, and processes within the department's scope.
Maintains proficiency in the business processes that drive the applications within the department’s scope
Develops a working knowledge of the company's applications and system integration.
Maintains a proficient level of understanding of the company's markets.
Creates, maintains, and adheres to required departmental processes and procedures as assigned by the team leadership.
Understands and adheres to corporate inter-departmental processes and procedures.
Attends appropriate intra-departmental meetings as directed by team leadership.
Exhibits drive and initiative to learn whatever is necessary to explore new solutions.
Maintains proficiency in the application and use of tools within the department.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Strong desire to belong to a successful team.
What are we looking for?
- BA/BS degree in Business, Computer Sciences or related field (an equivalent combination of related education, training, and experience may be considered)
- 2 years experience in any combination of the following areas: telecommunications, advertising and marketing, pharmaceuticals
- Proficient understanding of testing in an SDLC
- Understanding of Structured Query Language (SQL) and relational database structures
- Experience reporting testing results in a clear, detailed, and analytical style using fact-based metrics setting aside personal bias and subjectivity preferred
- Knowledge of system integration
- Ability to perform troubleshooting and repair of existing test scripts
- Ability to meet deliverable targets
- Ability to carry a set of tasks from start to finish
- Skill in diagnosing and solving complex problems and providing detailed technical analysis
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills including common business applications such as MS Windows and MS Office including Excel, Word and Access.
- Specific knowledge and experience in several of: building test scenarios from requirements, requirements reviews, reading and using Use Cases, Agile/Scrum
- Able to handle multiple sequential assignments
Intouch Solutions - 18 months ago
When you go to work each day, do you want to feel like you’re making a difference?
At Intouch Solutions, we are constantly...