New York Media is seeking a QA Analyst to provide testing and quality assurance services across our digital properties (nymag.com, vulture.com, thecut.com, grubstreet.com). The Analyst would be focused on creating test cases, testing new functionality, logging defects, as well as providing support of our properties on a day-to-day basis. The position will have exposure to many of the latest technologies and frameworks as well as working closely with a talented team of technologists delivering innovative and industry leading products.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for growth in technology, preferably with the desire to move into an SDET position or strong interest in software development.
We are offering qualified candidates competitive compensation, a personal budget for training and conferences, plenty of paid time off, and modern hardware tools to work with. This position reports to the QA Manager.
- Create clear and concise test cases in our test case management system
- Locate and log defects as they appear during the development cycle
- Work with Designers, Software Engineers, and Product Management teams in the creation of new product enhancements
- Provide Level 1 support to the various business groups in the day to day operations of our properties
- Provide support and testing for our regular release cycle through a combination of automated and manual tests
- Strive to reduce the defect ratio, improve uptime and error rate metrics, and ultimately improve the performance of all our properties
Local candidates only.
- Problem solver with exceptional debugging skills
- An understanding of Agile testing methodologies
- Experience with bug tracking tools (Jira, Bugzilla, mantis, etc.)
- Experience writing and executing Test Cases
- Ability to show an understanding of web technologies
- Exceptional communication skills (written and spoken)
- Ability to work alone or in a team environment
- A highly motivated, self starting individual
Please send your salary requirements, CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "QA Analyst – NYM".
No phone calls, please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Please regard your resume as having been received unless your email is bounced back. EOE.
New York Media LLC - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard