SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking a QA Analyst for a position with our client in Herndon, VA.
SUMMARY: The Senior Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Engineer designs and executes software test plans for Business Intelligence reporting product.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Designs test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures from complex business requirements and specifications;
- Interface with developers, business analysts, system adminstrators and other roles to accomplish team goals
- Verify Oracle BI Publisher, Oracle BI Answers and UNIX shell scripts for reporting products
- Tests system modifications to prepare for implementation;
- Documents software defects, using a bug tracking system, and reports defects to software developers;
- Plans test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope and delivery dates;
- Tests integration between systems and analyzes data;
- Participates in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems;
- Reviews software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, and to mitigate risks;
- Documents test procedures to ensure reliability and compliance with standards;
- Develops or specifies standards, methods, or procedures to determine product quality / release readiness;
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in Computers Science or related field AND
- More than five (5) years of experience in software testing with specific emphasis on backend database and processes testing.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certificates and Licenses: None required.
- Must be able to work independently and assume full responsibility for delivering projects.
- Additionally, the successful candidate must have the flexibility to handle multiple projects, simultaneously.
- Must have advanced knowledge of SQL and Oracle databases.
- Must have experience testing data transfer.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem solving abilities and a strong understanding of the software development lifecycle, software testing concepts, and test methodologies.
- Candidate will be required to establish and maintain strong relationships with peers and with management outside of the department. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are essential to the position.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment are also required.
- Exposure to UNIX shell scripting
- Attention to detail
- Desire to learn new technologies
- Must be self-motivated and able to meet deadlines.
For consideration, please submit your resume today! Visit us at www.slaitconsulting.com
- Use of PL/SQL on Oracle databases (10g/11g strongly preferred)
- Experience with ETL tools such as Oracle Data Integrator, Sunopsis, SSIS or Informatica
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools (Oracle BIEE, Business Objects, SAS, Cognos)
- Experience with Data modeling (logical and physical), prior use of ER tools (e.g. ER Studio, Erwin)
- Exposure to data warehousing architecture
**Must be able to work for any employer in the United States. No Visa sponsorship.**
Washington Metro Region
SLAIT Consulting - 2 years ago