As a QA Analyst at SciQuest, you will be a key member of the team responsible for maintaining the health and stability of our enterprise wide procurement applications. You will develop and execute test plans and test scripts. You will debug observed defects to effectively isolate underlying causes. You will need a passion for dissecting software applications, finding defects, and seeing them through to resolution.
- Identifying and documenting test cases for web software development based on functional and technical requirements
- Using established QA methodology and best practices to effectively test software applications against their business and technical requirements
- Developing automated test cases using the SilkTest testing tool
- Executing both manual and automated tests
- Managing execution of test scripts, coordinating and resolving defect issues with development teams
- Recreating reported bugs
- Working closely with Product Development teams throughout the development lifecycle process
- Managing regression testing efforts for both maintenance and major releases
- Identifying and communicating ideas for improving our QA processes
- Communicating status of testing efforts and issues to your Manager in an effective and timely manner
- Creating acceptance tests for both bugs and feature requests
- 2-3 years web software-testing experience required.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science preferred.
- Strong knowledge of procurement processes a plus.
- Thorough understanding of web-based software technologies required.
- Experience with Windows-based systems required. Macintosh knowledge a plus.
- Technical writing skills preferred.
- Linux / Unix experience preferred.
- SQL / DB2 / Oracle database experience preferred.
- Understanding of ERP, financial, and inventory applications preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organization and documentation skills needed for this position.
- Automated testing experience – SilkTest experience preferred
Standard office hours and conditions.
Participation in a rotation to support biweekly maintenance promotions.
SciQuest - 2 years ago