POWER YOUR CAREER WITH SEDC!
We are a leading financial software development and services company for the utility industry, seeking to fill a position as Software Quality Assurance Analyst.
- Test utility software to ensure defects do not exist.
- Write and execute manual and automated test cases.
- Assist in project management and strategizing ways to accomplish completion of the workload.
- Interact with programming, design, and customer support departments on a daily basis.
- Define, document, analyze, and perform tests for our various products.
- Identify and resolve issues arising during testing.
- Maintain records and logs of actions during testing so it can be a repeatable process.
- Participate in process improvement and make suggestions for more efficient processes.
- Assist in developing quality assurance policies and procedures relating to software testing.
- Participate in meetings held with appropriate department staff in planning steps required to implement quality software.
- Assist with the review of specialized and complex data and evaluate the accuracy of completed software tests.
Education and Work Experience
Degree in Computer Science/IT field preferred OR equivalent work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Utility experience or municipality experience is a plus.
- Desire to work in a team atmosphere and willingness to learn new skills is ideal.
- An innovative, motivated mindset is necessary.
- Flexible working hours may be required.
- Experience with accounting, billing, and/or customer management software is desirable.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail-orientated, flexible, and handle stressful situations.
- Aptitude to compile, organize, and analyze data.
- Capability to use problem-solving techniques.
- Skilled in planning, organizing and coordinating work activities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Work well independently.
- Performs other related work as required.
Familiarity with COBOL, JAVA, and .NET are a plus.
- Develop your talent and expertise through professional development, training, and tools.
- Your choice of medical insurance plans and Flexible spending accounts.
- Company matching 401(k) with a great vesting schedule plus Employer Basic Contribution Retirement Plan.
- Company paid Life, Short and LongTerm Disability Insurance.
- Strong Tuition Reimbursement Plan.
- Wellness Reimbursement Plan.
- Generous PTO Plan and much more!