ANALYST, QUALITY ASSURANCE
Reports to: Director, Technology Operations
Location: Temecula, CA
Status: Non-Exempt, Full Time
Walz Group is the nation’s premier provider of Compliance Advisory Services, Critical Document Technology™ and Document Fulfillment Services for highly regulated industries. Walz’s software, technology and outsourcing platform enables clients in various industries to communicate with their counterparties (such as borrowers, attorneys, taxpayers, customers, etc.) according to the compliance requirements mandated by federal and state regulations.
Walz has been the recipient of multiple awards for high growth and technology excellence, including three consecutive years in the Inc. 500 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S, the Deloitte North American Technology Fast 500 as well as being ranked in the Top 100 Business Services firms by Inc. Magazine, with various additional nominations for Growth and Entrepreneurship .
Over 2,500 of the nation's premier financial institutions, government agencies, law firms and insurance companies use Walz’s technology for their critical compliance documents, including 35 of the Fortune 100, all 4 of the Top 4 Banks, 18 of the Top 25 Mortgage Servicers and 105 of the AmLaw 200.
The Quality Assurance Analyst position is responsible for performing black box functional and regression testing of Walz proprietary applications, to include applications supporting internal business operations and external client facing systems. This role includes defining of test strategies and development of test documentation in alignment with established standards. This position reports to the Director, Technology Operations and involves close collaboration with the Application Development department. This position also interfaces regularly with other technology team members and members of various business departments. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and testing skills to enable production releases in alignment with an established Project Life Cycle/Software Development Life Cycle processes. This position requires a self-starter with the ability to operate independently under minimal direct supervision.
- Perform testing of software applications from inception through to completion
- Develop and execute formal test strategy & test cases to ensure the delivery of quality software applications
- Write QA documentation in alignment with established standards, to include: test strategy documents, test plans, test cases, defect reports, and test wrap up reports
- Responsible for functional, regression, performance, stress, load, integration and system testing of new products, product enhancements, and other product fixes/updates.
- Participate in test planning, to include estimating the QA level of effort for assigned projects and releases
- Define and execute test cases and testing scripts
- Define and track QA metrics such as defects, defect counts, and test results
- Document all problems and assist in problem resolution
- Participate in project meetings and pertinent development planning discussions
- Coordinate and track User Acceptance Testing when applicable
- Define validation strategy and perform post deployment validation in follow up to project releases and/or scheduled production maintenance activity
- Support established processes and tools for managing production incident reporting, defect tracking, and change management releases
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Sense of humor with a desire to mange work fun and enjoyable
- Strong understanding of different testing methodologies and their proper application
- Solid hands-on QA experience with proven analytical and testing skills
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle processes
- Experience analyzing requirements for ambiguity and testability
- Adept at diagnosing defect cases
- Experience developing and reviewing test plans and test cases
- Accustomed to accurately estimating level of effort with a demonstrated ability to produce deliverables on time
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and writing QA documentation, with a passion for ensuring documentation is complete and accurate
- Ability to analyze and interpret technical documentation such as software requirements, detailed designs, flow charts and database schemas
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff members
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for coordinating activities with others
- Experience being a business advocate focused on the client experience
- Must have a strong attention to detail
- Must be able to learn quickly and apply new knowledge effectively
- Must be a self starter and able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Able to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Proven ability to juggle multiple deliverables and adapt to changing priorities
- The ideal candidate should:
- Be proactive and demonstrate progressive increase in role and responsibilities
- Have worked in high pressure, high growth and high transaction environments
- Be comfortable working in a dynamic fast paced environment
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate a high standard for excellence
- Have experiencing providing suggestions to improve the user experience
- Degree or equivalent level of experience
- 3-5 years of prior experience in a similar QA role required
- Strong ability to query application databases using SQL syntax mandatory
- Experience testing IIS web based and MS Windows client/server applications required
- TFS experience a plus
- Familiar with automation testing tools a plus
- Development experiences a plus
- Print & Mail industry experiences a plus
- Financial Services, Legal, and Government experience a plus
- Outsourcing experiences a plus
- Must be able to lift at least 10 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to use a computer with a keyboard and mouse and a standard phone system for long periods of time.
If you enjoy the fun and feel of an entrepreneurial environment, but also thrive on building complex enterprise systems for an established business, WALZ may be the best fit for you!
Relocation assistance is available, WALZ offers an extensive benefits package for all full time employees, including medical, dental, vision and 401k!
WALZ is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.