Posting Title QA Associate Scientist
Function Quality Assurance
Location Pizza Hut Headquarters, Plano, TX
Company Summary Pizza Hut is committed to breakthrough innovation and the success of our employees. From our world class operations to our passionate customer mania philosophy and an incredible franchise system, this is one great place to work! So come see what it's like to be with a global leader in the restaurant industry. You'll find a fun, fast paced and supportive culture, where all of our success comes from our belief in people, and investing in you is our top priority!
Job Description This position is responsible for managing quality evaluations for all ingredients to Pizza Hut and Wing Street, including billing and to provide the Supply Quality team with overall data analysis and laboratory support on any key initiatives.
- Responsible for Supplier Quality evaluations and QA laboratory, which include but not limited to:
- Ensuring all lab records are properly utilized and maintained
- Product inventory is properly received, logged, stored and FIFO managed.
- Lab evaluations are scheduled, conducted, and completed using various methods
- Results are documented accurately
- Ability to analyze data and provide creative solutions and presentation of data
- Responsible for maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment
- Collaborate with Product Managers to develop and pursue system-wide calibration opportunities
- Manage supplier cutting projects based on overall business and technical needs of the business.
- Manage Supply Quality Budget and QA billing process
- Support Specification update process including to confirm GINs created with minimum data
- Assists on corrective actions, troubleshooting and fact finding on product complaints and quality issues through the CAAM hotline system.
- Interacts with Directors and Managers in Quality Assurance, Product Development, Operations Directors/ Managers (RSC and Field), Industry Technical and Business Leaders, Trade Associations, Educational Institutions, International Product Development and Quality Directors, Quality Assurance Managers/Scientists, Yum Food Safety & Regulatory Affairs, and UFPC Directors of Purchasing.
- Provides knowledge and innovation in establishing evaluation criteria such as methodology, photo standards and product scoring documentation (restaurant and supplier training). Provide QA laboratory management
- BS in Food Science or related field
- 2 years or more food industry experience
- Good understanding of laboratory procedures, equipment and general consumer research
- Great organization skills
- Solid communication skills: oral and written
- Proven problem solving ability
- Ability to work and add value in a team environment
- Good computer skills
Yum Brands - 19 months ago