- Apsalar’s platform is the leading mobile DSP powered by 1st party behavioral data, providing an advertising and analytics platform for direct marketers and agencies looking to acquire and optimize high-ROI mobile audiences at scale.
- Apsalar has won numerous awards, including eWeek’s Top Ten Promising Mobile IT Startups (2011) and OnMobile’s AlwaysOn Top 100 Private Companies (2012).
- Based near South Park in the SoMa district of San Francisco, we’re helping mobile app marketers grow their businesses with our data-powered mobile advertising platform. We’re a diverse, fun-loving group whose culture centers on innovation, teamwork, and passion. We expect great things from our team, and because of that, our people come first.
Apsalar is looking for a QA Automation Engineer to join our growing team of highly talented individuals. If you have the skills as well as the motivation to work in our fast-paced startup environment, then you might be the right person for us. Reporting into our engineering organization, you will be challenged by the complexity of developing Python, iOS, and Android applications that exercise the front-end, back-end, API, analytics, campaign management, and mobile components of Apsalar’s products. Be prepared to become an expert on Apsalar’s products.
- Develop and maintain test automation scripts and tools to support functional, performance, and scalability testing for all aspects of the Apsalar platform and SDKs, both on our web platform and from within mobile applications
- Develop, maintain, and execute test plans and test cases
- Develop and maintain test applications on Android and iOS platforms
- Provide clear and detailed reports on test execution status
- Write clear, precise bug reports and submit to our bug tracking system
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of and experience with SQA methodologies, techniques and approaches
- Experience with Python or a similar language
- Experience testing web applications, mobile applications, and database applications
- Experience using Selenium or similar tool
- Experience writing PostgreSQL or similar RDBMS queries
- Working knowledge of Unix shell
- Experience with GIT or a similar tool
- Experience with tools such as Python unittest and HTMLTestRunner is a plus
- Experience developing ‘test’ applications for Android and iOS is a plus
- Experience with mobile advertising is a plus
- Self-motivated, organized, and results-oriented
- Ability to work well in a small team – a real team player
- Superb analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in an environment that requires a strong understanding of pragmatic approaches to tasks