San Francisco, CA
- Not eligible for Visa candidates
We’re currently looking for a talented QA Automation Engineer to join our vibrant downtown San Francisco office. This person will be responsible for developing and maintaining new and existing QA automation projects targeted at web and mobile platforms, where we employ the following technologies:
This position will additionally share some QA responsibilities of regularly testing and evaluating Blackboard Mobile products and interfacing with Product and Development.
- Web (Desktop & Mobile): Python + Selenium2
- Continuous Integration: Bamboo & Ansible
We’re looking for someone to expand our existing testing tools and drive them forward, so having a self-starting attitude and a big-picture mindset is essential!
- Proficiency with the following technologies (required):
- Selenium and / or WebDriver
- Self-instilled initiative and a sense of ownership for your projects.
- 3+ years professional experience with hands-on software testing, in a quality assurance testing role or software development capacity.
- At least 1 year of experience testing or developing on various mobile platforms, testing native apps on iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch), Android, BlackBerry, WebOS, etc.
- Experience documenting test cases, bug reporting, test execution, and reporting test status.
- Proven experience working in small, cross-functional teams. Agile experience is a plus.
- Eligibility to work in the United States without current or future sponsorship.
- Strong English communication (written and verbal) skills to gather requirements and communicate with Developers and other QA engineers.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related area of study.
Blackboard Mobile is a division of Blackboard Inc., a global leader in enterprise technology and innovative solutions that improves the experience of millions of students and faculty for each of our client institutions around the world, every day. We pride ourselves on creating well-designed mobile education solutions including -
Allowing students and faculty to access teaching and learning wherever and whenever they want through a variety of mobile devices. As a native app for iOS and Android, Mobile Learn extends and enriches the course experience of Blackboard Learn, the leading web-based teaching and learning platform.
With Mosaic, universities and schools can build a powerful, native app for their institution in a matter of hours with little to no engineering experience. Apps produced by Mosaic keep our clients' students engaged, strengthen alumni connections, and introduce their institutions to prospective students.
Some of our Great Benefits
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US.
- San Francisco office in the heart of Jackson Square – surrounded by North Beach & the FiDi.
- Competitive salary, Full benefits, 401K matching.
- Flexible work schedule - we want you to create amazing products, not punch a ticket.
- Use of top of the line mobile phones and iMac with Cinema Display.
- Subsidized public transportation…..or bike to work!
- Fully stocked snacks & drinks, espresso, bagel-bar Fridays, and a flowing keg.
- We are a pet friendly environment, so you may see dogs occasionally roaming the office!
- • Perks such as ping-pong, pool table, office yoga, happy hours, patio grilling, nerf darts, and endless choices of surround-sound music. We like to have fun, too!
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
- We are not considering Visa candidates for this position.
Blackboard Mobile - 6 months ago