Job Title: QA Director
Job ID: 16661
Location: Dallas,TX, US
Line of Business: Epsilon
About the Opportunity
The Director, QA is primarily responsible for leading the definition and evolution of the QA framework to be implemented across the database and loyalty organizations including but not limited to: offshore capabilities, operational efficiencies, and SDLC testing processes and tools. In this capacity they will also be charged with building and maintaining a first rate team of onshore and offshore QA resources that are viewed as value-add subject matter experts and individual contributors. He/she will also serve as an individual contributor in the role of a QA Lead on various client projects ranging anywhere from consulting with a project team on test strategy, to auditing quality practices in a manage state, to performing hands-on management of testing activities.
Essential Job Functions:
o Manage resource assignments to achieve target utilization levels
o Source, hire, onboard, train, and coach QA Lead and QA Analyst resources
o Work with the team to define specific, measurable, and achievable goals
QA Framework & Best Practices
o Lead the definition, implementation, and maintenance of standard QA processes, methodologies, and templates for use on client deliverables
o Provide best practices and leadership consultation on test strategies, methods, and best practices
o Define, track, and drive progress towards the quality objectives for client projects or the department as a whole
o Define and implement operational quality best practices
o Work closely with the Director QA, Automation; providing guidance/feedback on the automation opportunities
o Lead and drive the definition, preparation, and execution of testing strategies for client project engagements including Unit, Functional, System Integration, Performance and User Acceptance test phases according to the defined QA framework
o Facilitate communication within the Epsilon team and the client around test activities
o Train client teams on testing best practices and tools
o Review and provide input on project schedule tasks, durations, testing risks, and dependencies
o Lead Testing Phase Gate reviews
o Conduct test matrix reviews to ensure complete test case coverage
o Manage daily/weekly progress reporting and defect tracking and resolution
o Actively monitor and prioritize testing workload of matrixed team to ensure quality results are delivered on time and within budget
o Manage QA Analysts, either as direct or indirect reports
o Conduct testing post-mortems to define and document lessons learned and translate them into improvements to the QA framework
o Conduct operational quality audits to ensure compliance with best practices
The Director, QA should have:
- A minimum of 10 years of direct experience in Quality Assurance testing for IT projects, preferably in the data warehouse space.
- Recent experience building and mentoring a new team
- A proven track record managing testing related activities following the SDLC methodologies and must be an expert in development of formal test documentation and following QA and software/systems testing best practices.
- Demonstrated success working collaboratively to drive results in a matrixed environment that utilizes offshore QA resources and requires managing multiple large, high priorities simultaneously.
- Hands-on experience conducting business process quality assurance analysis to improve efficiency and quality of ongoing operations.
- Ability to:
- Affect results by bringing a positive, ‘can do’ attitude and educational approach to teams that may not have the same attention to quality
- Confidently communicate and demonstrate quality assurance subject matter expertise at all levels of the organization (peers, client team management, sr. management, etc.)
- Work cooperatively with diverse groups to address and come to resolution on difficult situations
- Uphold the reputation of the centralized QA team by effectively serving as a quality steward on the day-to-day client delivery teams
- Define and drive process and framework improvements
- Take charge and initiative; at times in situations where you have not been ‘an invited guest’
- Escalate appropriately; raise your hand when you recognize a situation that is not headed for success
- Manage fluctuating and multiple priorities
- Work in a fast paced work environment that is frequently changing
- Learn quickly and take ownership of responsibilities.
Other Skills, Knowledge, or Abilities
- Team building and management
- Understanding of and hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Ability to analyze manual processes and define opportunities for offshoring, standardization, streamlining, and automation
- MS Office; specifically formulas and macros for Excel and Access
- Knowledge of QA Methodologies, tools, related techniques, and ability to document & implement
- Defect tracking tools such as Microsoft’s Team Foundation Server (TFS), SharePoint, IssueNet, etc.
- Test Data Editors such as UNIX VI Editor, Notepad, WordPad, Ultra Edit, Text Pad, AquaData
- Automation tools including but not limited to Visual Studio
- SDLC methodology and tools such as MS Project, HPs’ IT Management Software (formerly known as Mercury Systems Kintana), IBM’s Rational, BMC, Borland, etc.
- Written and verbal communications skills
- Influencing without authority
- Time management
- Detail-oriented, able to multi-task, prioritize and able to quickly change priorities
- Managing offshore teams
- SQL (WinSQL, PL/SQL, SQLNav), .net, SOA/Soap UI, and PUTTY
- Relational Database Management Systems
- Web Technologies (e.g., HTML, XML, Web Services)
- Microsoft Project
- SCRUM/Agile experience
Desired Skills / Experience
- Campaign Management tools (e.g., Unica, Alterian)
- Business Intelligence tools (e.g., Business Objects, Cognos, MicroStrategy)
- Data hygiene and CDI
- Marketing concepts
Bachelor’s degree in technology related field including but not limited to: Computer Science, Management Information Systems,
Compensation and Benefits
Alliance Data offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background checks.
Epsilon is the industry's leading marketing services firm, with a broad array of data-driven, multichannel marketing solutions that leverage consumer insight to help brands deepen their relationships with customers. Services include strategic consulting, acquisition and customer database technologies, loyalty management, proprietary data, predictive modeling and a full range of direct and digital agency services, including creative, interactive web design, email deployment, search engine optimization and direct mail production. In addition, Epsilon is the world's largest permission-based email marketer. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Epsilon is an all-encompassing global marketing company, a leader in creating connections between people and brands. We find, acquire and...