This position requires a highly organized, self-directed team player with relevant knowledge and experience directing Quality Assurance (QA) teams, to produce World Class Software Solutions in a SaaS, Cloud Environment. We are looking for a candidate with the capability of designing and putting in place best in class practices, procedures, methods, and create a highly automated QA environment.
- Establish and implement best practices for quality assurance processes; develop and utilize benchmark-based metrics, and develop & maintain reporting on these key performance indicators to ensure continuous improvement.
- Experience managing multiple testing strategies (white box, black box, functional, load, regression, sanity, performance, manual, automated) with depth in at least one and the ability to lead by example.
- Ability to establish and promote a cross-functional culture of engineering-driven unit testing.
- Develop and manage a high performance, distributed QA organization – including the possibility to do remote testing in other locations.
- Practical experience in Agile and Waterfall software development methodologies.
- Create automated testing strategies using commercial, open source and internal tools and ensure comprehensive test coverage by finding defects and verifying fixes
- Ensure and champion quality processes, which allow teams to identify, report, assess and resolve problems found during product validation.
- Foster a company culture of cross-functional collaboration and a team environment that allows for individual development and performance improvement. Actively contribute to company roadmap and release planning.
- Engage hands-on with product teams, when required, to drive quality strategies, help triage issues in the development process and keep multiple programs on track.
- Solid background with extensive experience and knowledge of standard QA, agile processes, and experience with various testing, development, and release tools.
- Familiarity with and practical experience applying automated testing frameworks to ensure quality and reliability of one or more of integrated devices, consumer software applications and cloud / web-based applications.
- Help to drive release post-mortem evaluations within product teams and analyze root cause information to improve development and quality process effectiveness.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, consumer-focused, startup environment; a team player, motivator and coach able to foster a culture of collaboration and success
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills and an ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Math
- 2+ years of experience directing QA teams, responsible for product versions and releases delivery.
- 3+ years of experience in software quality.
- Ability to work with and communicate clearly with non-technical and technical managers and peers.
- Master in Science
- ITIL Foundation training/certification is a plus
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated team player attitude
Indeed - 21 months ago