BehaviorMatrix (www.behaviormatrix.com) is a digital media analytics company that applies proprietary emotional & behavioral analysis to big data in order to provide advertisers, product managers, investors, and parents, unique insights into brands, products, and other topics.
Do you love math and statistics?
Do you consider yourself as much of a developer as you do a tester?
Are you driven to find every bug?
If you answered ‘Yes’ above, you are the QA Engineer we are looking for. We are looking for a talented, energetic individual with demonstrated excellence in data and application quality assurance / control. You will have the opportunity to work with leading-edge technologies in the field of big data analytics. You should have experience working with very large data sets in a distributed, high-performance architecture.
- Work closely with developers during agile sprints to perform exploratory testing, develop or assist in developing unit tests, and review unit testing results.
- Analyze complex requirements and use cases for the purpose of developing test plans and test scripts
- Develop well-written test plans and test scripts
- Execute test cases and write defect reports as appropriate into the defect-tracking tool
- Execute regression test cases when development loads point releases into Test Environment
- Take direction for additional software testing responsibilities as required
- Perform QA Functional Testing, Performance Testing, API Testing & Browser Compatibility Testing of a web application
- Grey, Black and White box testing
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or related field.
- 4-7 years experience working with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including 3-5 years working in software testing / quality assurance field, 1-2 years experience with Automated Testing
- QA experience with web-based applications
- Data QC experience – you possess a drive to ensure the quality of the data
- Specific experience working with software test case execution, and defect report writing, automation scripting
- Working knowledge of SQL and NOSQL databases
- Familiar with Linux, Java and Python
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and verbally
- Ability to thrive in a teamwork environment
- Self-starter mindset
- Desire and ability to effectively multi-task across projects and responsibilities
- Desire and flexibility to learn new applications and project functionality as project schedules dictate
- Familiar in using QA Automation Tools
- Experience working closely with Product and Development Teams
- Very detailed in reporting bugs using Jira or similar Bug Tracking tool, updating Test Matrix, and creating Testcases. Excellent in developing Test Plan Strategy, QA Test Planning and regression testing
- Knowledge / working experience with products like R, Tableau, Mathmatica, Sage a plus
- Familiar with Agile & Waterfall process
BehaviorMatrix is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BehaviorMatrix via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from BehaviorMatrix HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of BehaviorMatrix. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BehaviorMatrix as a result of the referral or through other means.
Indeed - 22 months ago