This Software QA engineer position will perform a wide range of testing on large-scale distributed web-based applications, including but not limited to: acceptance, functional, data integrity, regression, performance, and usability testing. Duties include writing test cases based on high-level test plan and system requirements, executing test cases, analyzing results, detecting and tracking defects using defined bug tracking system, recording and reporting test results using test plan management system. In addition, active participation and contribution will be expected in test automation projects based on defined QA automation model and strategy. Very close interaction with development, support, and client teams with minimal supervision to fulfill commitments. Also expected to participate in Quality improvement initiatives with other team members.
Technical Skills & Experience:
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering with 5+ years of strong QA, testing, and test automation experience
- Excellent documentation and writing skills to be able to draft clear, complete, reusable and shareable test cases
- Expert and hand-on experience in testing large distributed web-based applications: frontend and backend, manual as well as automated testing
- Strong DB/SQL scripting skills (should be able to write complex SQL queries/join statements, should understand all core DB concepts, familiar with DB views/procedures/triggers)
- Good understanding of QA methodology, software development processes and project life cycles
- Experience in developing detailed test plans, estimations, test cases (positive, negative, boundary value, equivalence partitioning, decision tables, data matrix, etc.), test reports, bug reports, etc
- Experience with following OS: Windows-XP, Solaris, Linux
- Good understanding of common web technologies, such as JS, AJAX, XML, HTTPS, MVC, Web Servers, Application Servers; OO programming concepts, data structures and algorithms
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with scripting languages (Perl, Shell)
- QA certifications (ASTQB/ CSTE/ CASQ)
- Test automation tools (Rational Functional Tester, HttpUnit, Selenium, LoadRunner, JMeter)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to analyze requirements in-depth, and not just at the surface.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Ability to share information and communicate clearly to team members.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills in a fast-paced challenging environment
- Ability to multi-task and drive critical tasks to completion with little supervision. Result oriented.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies
- Encourages and accepts personal feedback
Cisco Systems - 2 years ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...