ExterNetworks is a trusted and proven provider of IT consulting, talent acquisition, and managed network solutions. Headquartered in Piscataway, New Jersey, and with further strategic locations across North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia, ExterNetworks has rapidly expanded its operations and capacity since entering the market in 2001. - See more at: http://www.externetworks.com/
The Senior Quality Assurance engineer is responsible for all stages of the quality assurance process. This person should have an in-depth understanding of IP networking technology and protocols. A zest and love for technology, and a demonstrated ability to identify bugs will be a key element in this environment. The qualified Senior QA Engineer will be working with an exciting combination of networking, security, cloud computing, and virtualization environments.
- Interface with Network Engineering to maintain the integrity of the test bed area
- Maintain consistent records and documentation of all tests and certifications
- Work in cross-function and aware of the status and progress of work activities and business issues that affect the department
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures
- Ability to identify critical issues and communicate in cross functional environment to track defects to closure
- Perform initial debugging procedures by reviewing configuration files, logs, or code pieces to determine breakdown source
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Evaluate or recommend software for testing or bug tracking
- Identify program deviance from standards, and suggest better ways to ensure compliance
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content
- Monitor program performance to ensure efficient and problem-free operations
- Collaborate with field staff or customers to evaluate or diagnose problems and recommend possible solutions
- Review Software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery date
- Provide feedback and recommendation to developers on software usability and functionality
- Provide technical support during software installation or configuration
- Understand Agile Process and methodology
- Work independently and with sub-team within QA to focus on test specific areas.
- Produces, reviews, and coaches junior engineers' job roles in detailed.
- QA Engineer with 5 plus years of experience preferably in network domain in design, testing, and implementation of IP router based high-speed technology in an ISP or equivalent environment
- Strong Knowledge in Networking domain and understand various protocols
- Knowledge of UNIX commands and ability to write test cases and identify bugs
- Strong initiative to build relationships both internally and externally with minimal supervision/direction from management.
- Creative, self-motivated team player willing to participate in developing cutting-edge solutions
- Ability to work in cross-functional team and manage multiple tasks/projects
- Strong background in Automation tools and Scripting; Python etc.,
- Experience working closely with field and engineering in reproducing and resolving critical and urgent field issues.
- Hands on experience with Linux based services including installation and upgrade processes and networking environment
- Must be well versed in network related protocols - TCP/IP, UDP etc. familiar with tools for analysis of packets
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Strong written and communications skills
- Ability to troubleshoot lab issues when necessary
- Familiar with Bugzilla, Sharepoint and EXCEL is a plus
- BS in Computer Science, EE or related field. MS is preferred
- Network Protocols experience
- Autmation Testing
FULL TIME-DIRECT HIRE with Pay of $90K
ExterNetworks Inc. - 14 months ago