General Position Summary :
Acts as an agent of the company with the responsibility to identify and implement quality improvements to the product and processes, with heavy emphasis on improving product reliability. Will conduct hands on testing of components and systems to uncover reliability issues, and will then be responsible for driving changes into the product to improve defects found. This function requires understanding and application of manufacturing operations; the ability to analyze and prioritize issues related to manufacturing yields; TQC metrics; new product introduction; design for manufacturability; establishing policies and procedures; the ability to directly interface with the Engineering and customers, and the ability to work under minimum supervision.
Major responsibilities/Primary Functions :
1. Performing project quality related activities on multiple programs covering all phases of the design and development lifecycle, including FMEA.
2. Interfacing with customers, program management, all engineering functions, configuration management, and the process liaison teams.
3.Compiles and analyzes statistical data to resolve product quality problems.
4. Work with Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering, review processes and process changes for manufacturability and quality improvement related issues.
5. Utilizing TQM tools, prioritize and improve service and production processes.
6. Be an integral part of the design and improvement of the internal test and inspection process, procedures, equipment, and standards.
7. Extensive hands on testing with engineering and production teams to identify failure mechanisms.
8. Participating in project requirements development, product reviews, testing, configuration control, problem reporting and resolution, and change control.
9. Drives product improvements through engineering change orders or process improvements.
10.Understands and works towards achieving the department goals.
Minimum Qualifications :
1. Bachelor's degree in engineering, physics, or related discipline; or equivalent combination of experience and training.
2. Minimum seven years’ experience in a fast-paced electronics/electromechanical manufacturing quality environment.
3. Strong organizational, communication skills with a demonstrated ability to proactively take initiative and complete tasks in a timely manner.
4. Strong teamwork skills - ability to work well with others and influence the direction of projects.
5. Ability to plan and organize workload under minimum supervision.
6. ASQC certification and Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt is a strong plus.
7. Experience in either implementing or sustaining AS9100 registration is a plus.
FLIR Systems - 2 years ago
You can run, but you can't hide from FLIR Systems -- they're all about surveillance and detection. FLIR's thermal imaging and...