Gracious Eloise is a young, hungry technology startup that loves to work on complex challenges. We have developed a patented technology to replicate handwriting. This world-class product is revolutionizing how people connect with each other on a deeper level.
QA Engineers at Gracious Eloise work in cross-functional product development teams from inception to implementation and deployment. Manual, human testing is used to build confidence in large feature releases and automated testing is used to enable frequent deployment of bug fixes. We choose the right tools for the job and are not afraid to push boundaries.
Our team is small, passionate, and excited to be creating a new product and market. You have the opportunity to be a key member of the team and to take ownership over ensuring the high quality standard of our products. All employees are offered stock options and healthcare benefits.
Skills & Requirements
What we need from you:
You are experienced with:
- Holistically test the Gracious Eloise applications and APIs
- Create and execute manual test plans
- Build and maintain automated test suites and tools for Gracious Eloise's UIs and APIs
- Clearly document system bugs and defects in issue-tracking system
- Collaborate on software testability
- Develop and specify standards, methods and procedures for measuring product quality
- Stay current on new, relevant technologies
- Ensure cross-browser compatibility
- Participate in code reviews and discussions
- Test case creation and management
- Manual, web and cross-browser testing
- Automated test tools (ex: Selenium, Webdriver, Jenkins, RSpec, jUnit)
- Writing automated tests for REST APIs
- SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Debugging, reviewing log captures and identifying issue sources
- Git or other DVCS
- Linux or other *nix
- Computer science or related degree
- Performance testing and related tool experience
- You have previously worked in a startup
About Gracious Eloise
Gracious Eloise is a young, hungry and fun technology startup that loves to work on complex challenges. We have developed patented handwriting replication software that creates a digital version of any handwriting. We call it “QuillTech” and it replicates all the nuances and variability of handwriting, unlike the existing cursive fonts on the market.
With this technology, we are revolutionizing how people connect on a deeper level with personalized, handwritten printed notes. With the complementary web application, writing notes is as fast and easy as writing an email. Notes are then printed, addressed, stamped and mailed within 24 hours.
Our platform is in beta with clients ranging from NYSE Euronext to Douglas Elliman to Tory Burch. We are based in New York City and are funded.
For more information, please visit http://graciouseloise.com to learn more about how we make handwritten notes as easy as email!
joelonsoftware - 17 months ago