Senior Developer in Test
Our Software Engineering team is seeking a Senior Developer in Test who will work with the development and test teams to create innovative test harnesses and systems to automate testing. He/she will have the experience and background necessary to contribute to the overall automation strategy and has demonstrated the ability to ship high quality projects to schedule.
- Actively involved in the strategy to automate the functional, performance, and scalability test suite.
- Design, implementation, execution, and debugging of the automated test suite.
- Analyze automated test results.
- Prepare and deliver automated test run results to cross functional teams.
- Conduct research on emerging automation technologies.
- Adhere to the established test methodology and suggest improvements to the existing processes.
- Be a ‘utility infielder’ and contribute to the QA group as needed.
Experience & Skills: 5+ years of software development experience with 3+ years test automation required. In addition, the successful candidate will possess:
- Experience with automated testing and automation tools
- Excellent coding skill (C#, .NET)
- Solid knowledge of one or more scripting languages such as Perl, Python, Jython, Ruby, VB
- Effective problem solving skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of testing methodologies and concepts
- Experience writing and executing test plans
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams toward a common goal
- Experience writing automation in a distributed, n-tier web/java/.NET environment
- Hands-on experience with Bugzilla a plus
- Experience with VMware virtualization products such as Workstation, ESXi, vCenter, or virtualization products from other companies such as Microsoft, Xen, Citrix and Parallels
- Experience with the design, execution, and analysis of automated performance and scalability tests a plus