JOB TITLE: QA Engineer
WORK LOCATION: Rochester, N.Y.
Juniper Networks is growing its Rochester, NY branch. We are looking for a senior self-driven QA engineer keen on making sure customer experiences quality from their very first exposure of the product. Candidate must be able to understand the technology behind the solution enough to identify and test the edge cases, point out design flaws and usability problems. They should be participating in all aspects of testing including functional, regression, load and system testing. They must be experienced enough to assist in defining and implementing product’s QA goals, establishing the right process and measuring success using the appropriate quality metrics. Candidate must be an advocate of quality assurance at every step of the product’s SDLC.
- Own QA area for the product and as the last line of defense, ensure the product meets established quality goals
- Review requirements, create release test plans, write up test cases, prioritize tasks, and maintain schedules to ensure on-time release delivery
- Perform testing throughout all iterations of product development
- Manage own time effectively and prioritize testing efforts of others
- Understand product’s vision/goals, and be able to derive quality metrics from them
- Be effective communicator capable of coordinating testing efforts with both closely located and geographically distributed team members from various areas
- Define scope and testing objectives for every release
- Work well with Product, Engineering, CS support and customers at all stage of product development
- Minimum 7 years of software testing
- Have a clear understanding of TCP/IP stack at all layers
- Be proficient as a Linux OS user; understand networking and specifically network and web security
- Understand importance of GUI design and usability for technical audience
- Proven record of simultaneously releasing multiple projects and capable of performing under pressure
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely and on a consistent basis
- Demonstrate a proven track record of successful quality product deliveries
- Drive product’s QA automation efforts
We offer market competitive benefits.
Juniper Networks is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Juniper Networks is enrolled in E-Verify and will be participating in E-Verify in addition to our Form I-9 process. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
WHERE WILL YOU DO YOUR BEST WORK?
Wherever you are in the world, whether it’s downtown Sunnyvale or London, Westford or Bangalore, Juniper is a place that was founded on disruptive thinking – where colleague innovation is not only valued, but expected. We believe that the great task of delivering a new network for the next decade is delivered through the creativity and commitment of our people. The Juniper Way is the commitment to all our colleagues that the culture and company inspire their best work—their life’s work. At Juniper we believe this is more than a job - it’s an opportunity to help change the world...
Juniper Networks is enrolled in E-Verify® and will be participating in E-Verify in addition to our Form I-9 process. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Juniper Networks - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Juniper Networks has blossomed in a landscape dominated by Cisco. The company designs and sells network infrastructure equipment used to...