From the newest ideas in cluster computing to the latest web framework, NetApp software products embrace innovation to deliver compelling solutions to our customers.
As a QA Engineer you will work as part of a team responsible for delivering high quality NetApp software products. Through the application of systematic test tools and processes you will help deliver reliable, innovative storage and data management products. You will be part of a team that develops, modifies, and executes software test plans; analyzes and writes test standards and procedures; maintains documentation of results; and works closely with development engineers in resolution of problems.
This position requires an individual who is creative, team-oriented, technology savvy, driven to produce results and demonstrates the ability to take a cross-team leadership role.
- Lead and participate as part of a team responsible for:
- Gathering test requirements
- Influencing test strategies and designs across teams
- Setting-up lab and configuring testbeds
- Developing, implementing and executing test plans
- Contributing to test automation infrastructure by writing and augmenting test scripts and/or test libraries
- Investigating and driving found problems to resolution
- Writing test reports
- Test Optimization
- Read and understand software and/or hardware design specifications as well as product requirements.
- Review and approve both design and test specifications
- Provide guidance and mentoring to more junior engineers
- Participate in design reviews and drive recommendations for product quality and testability.
- Participate in technical discussions within the team and with other groups across Business Units associated with specified projects and quality improvement initiatives.
- Provide subject matter expertise for at least one area of product functionality
- Lead teams in software test planning, automation, documentation and process improvement
- Willing to work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department, and company goals
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work collaboratively within a team of other engineers and have strong influencing and leadership skills
- Successfully lead teams through development and execution of project plans for an individual project or small team.
- Proven abilities in the following disciplines: software testing, test case writing, automated script development and process improvement.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Strong understanding of concepts related to computer architecture, data structures and standard programming practices.
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation
- Manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic work environment
- Use judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for successful results
- Work with suppliers, partners or other external parties in product quality efforts as necessary
- Develop longer-range project plans and schedules for individual or work for a small team.
Responsibility and Interaction:
- Responsible for unstructured tasks and the issues addressed are less defined requiring new perspectives and creative approaches.
- Apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving problems that are complex in scope requiring in-depth evaluation of numerous factors.
- Work effectively with staff to Director level employees within the function, across functions and with external parties.
- Limited supervision and direction is provided, as this individual can operate, drive results and set priorities independently.
- Successfully convey information to stakeholders at many levels related to the position.
- Work effectively with senior engineers within Business Unit.
- Participate as a proactive contributor and subject matter expert.
- Demonstrate favorable results through regular leadership and mentoring others.
Education and Experience
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 8 years of experience is required. 9 to 11 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, a Master Degree, or a PhD; or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully led multiple, complex technical projects.
Full time / Part time
USA - California - Sunnyvale (Corporate Headquarters)
NetApp - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Careers at NetApp
At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success
NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost....